Initial Observations and impressions of ODS.

Operation Desert Storm theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

dehowie

Initial Observations and impressions of ODS.

Post by dehowie » 2003-02-10 10:01:00

G'day Guys
Firstly must congratulate you on the awesome work so far it is simply brilliant!
I took a Tornado for a fly in a TE to tour the gulf after the installation which went beautifully indeed.
Great texture's in the entire area with excellent desert feel and great variation through the Iraqi scrubland.
I flew low level up the Euphrate's to see what the valley looked like and was most impressed.
I am not sure if you know these you probably do but here they are anyway.
At various places along the river there are bothfactories and other targets actually in the river itself.(Any idea how to get an accurate position other than TACAN).
Most of the large bridges which where key targets through the campaign are missing.I think i can find a good listing for around Baghdad and most of the other big bridges required.
Great skyfix with excellent nightime.Nice and dark like in reality.Very good.
I'm not sure how to add targets myself but will have a go in tacedit tonight as i want to see the diffeent types of brige's and other targets available.
Is it possible to make a TE template from your first day campaign set up?I would like to make a couple of TE's representing first night missions.
Thanks for the great job so far!!
Time to sapre,go by air!

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Initial Observations and impressions of ODS.

Post by Snake Man » 2003-02-10 10:21:00

Thanks

I'm very interested of the historical targets and would be glad to walk you through Tacedit adding objectives.

You should first check out our Campaign Tutorial and then ask some specific questions on adding the objectives.

Please start a new topic in the Terrain's area or join to IRC for real time chat with us. Check contact info for details on how join our IRC channel.

Hope to hear from you soon.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Return to “Operation Desert Storm”