Fly Harrier/EA6B in new theater

Vietnam theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Fly Harrier/EA6B in new theater

Post by Guest » 2000-09-15 05:31:00

Find one post on Combatsim board:

Here's what I have found to work to change the B-52s to B-1Bs. Procedure is the same regardless of what aircraft you have in mind:
1. On the left side frame in f4browse, select "Vehicles" then "Aircraft".
2. Find the B-52H in the list on the right side and double click it. (I replaced the Buff with the B-1)
3. On the right middle side of the new window, there is a box called "Units with this". Double click one of the Bomber units.
4. Now, all you have to do is select each of the B-52s in the bottom part of the screen and click "Delete unit". Do this for all 16 of them.
5. Then, as you might expect, click "Add unit" and select the B-1B. Repeat 16 times. Click "update" for all of the windows which have appeared.
The "Units with This" box will remove the squadron listing from the B-52 unit page. When you open the B-1B unit page, you will see the squadrons now listed there. If everything is done correctly, the "Units with This" box on the B-1B page will show FOUR squadrons.

Re: Fly Harrier/EA6B in new theater

Post by Guest » 2000-09-18 01:33:00

Why go to all of that trouble? Just change the squadron type in tacedit and set the flags to non-inactive. B-1B: class ID-600
EA-6B ID-496

Re: Fly Harrier/EA6B in new theater

Post by Guest » 2000-09-18 03:06:00

really? i'll try that.
BTW what's the id of Av8?