Two thumbs up for Vietnam

Vietnam theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Smokey502

Two thumbs up for Vietnam

Post by Smokey502 » 2001-04-08 07:36:00

I've been away from Falcon for a short while now,and wow!!! I can't believe all that I've missed. Two thumbs up to everyone involved with the creation of the Vietnam theatre.

"Possible bug in the installation shield"
I'm not sure if theres a problem with either of the Vietnam's exe files, but I tried installing them several times. The beta version installed itself right down to running the F4tinstall.exe, however the f4patch wouldn't apply the theater. When I installed the 4.exe it failed to load/install the f4install.exe.

I then manually installed the f4ptinstall.exe, and reinstalled the Vietnam4.exe. Ran the tinstall applied the patch and launched the game. Instant action was the only thing that worked, yes it was using the Vietnam terrian.

Dogfight would crash right off of launch and the Campaign showed ground fighting but didn't have any missions, again it was using the Vietnam map. I might also add that I did pick the middle campaign.

I must have tried a dozen fresh installs of falcon and each time I had the same problem.

Solution: I installed the Balkans Theatre first (no problems went right in and launched) I then reinstalled the Vietnam4.exe
applied the tinstaller and applied it.
The Theatre went right in smooth as silk no problems.

I read everything that I could find online about installing the theatre, perhaps I missed something, if so please forgive me.
But it appears that there may be a problem with the installation or at least when you install it first or by itself.

Patches used:
F108.us
f4_108i2
f4patch-standard_322 (expanded)
See above ref. theatre patches

Well anyhow it works now and works great, I love every minute of it.
Again let me thank everyone involved with the making of the Vietnam theatre, keep up the good work.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Two thumbs up for Vietnam

Post by Snake Man » 2001-04-08 10:26:00

quote:Originally posted by Smokey502:
When I installed the 4.exe it failed to load/install the f4install.exe.
I'll take a look at the installer, however it works fine for me and lot of other people.
quote:Dogfight would crash right off of launch and the Campaign showed ground fighting but didn't have any missions,
Dont know about dogfight but campaign should work...
quote:f4_108i2
... ok in eFalcon, thats what I used to test it.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Smokey502

Post by Smokey502 » 2001-04-08 16:25:00

Well like I said, when trying to do a fresh install of falcon + patches + only Vietnam, Vietnam just refused to go in correctly. I also noticed that when I switched back to the Korean theatre the middle campaign was also missing, this would only occur after attempting to play the middle Vietnam campaign.
But when I did a fresh install of Falcon + patches + Balkan theatre and then Vietnam, it went in fine except for the tinstall. All I had to do was use the one left over from the Balkan (manually). In fact you gave me this ideal from the error thread, just below mine.

I just wanted to thank everyone involved with the Theatre and point out this small problem I had. Perhaps this work-around may help others with the same problem, keep up the good work.

Jealous

Post by Jealous » 2001-04-09 01:15:00

I'll second the "Thumbs up!" and agree with Smokey on the installer and Snake Man "108i2" comment.
Thanks for the Theatre. I'm still working on finding and installing ALL I need to get an F4E, install and switchable for the theatre.(At the same time I'm juggleing the Idea of the E Falcon because of upcoming 1.09.
Tower... vector HELL, I''m landing this thing!