VN beta 4 - what should I have?

Vietnam theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

sjponeill

VN beta 4 - what should I have?

Post by sjponeill » 2001-02-16 06:20:00

I've installed beta 4 over a clean F4 install and it seems toi work OK (even though the left wing does drag on take off), however I am not too sure what I should have. If I fire up the campaign, I default to flying an F-4 in Vietnam albeit with an F-16 cockpit. In instant action, I find myself in a F-16 over Vietnam; and there don't seem to be any TE single mission scenarios (or can I d/l these from somewhere else - I recall a note in beta 2 saying only to use the scenarios from PMC.

I'm new to both F4 and the VN betas so it may be that I am wasting your time (if so, sorry) if not, can someone give me some pointers on what I should be doing?

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: VN beta 4 - what should I have?

Post by Snake Man » 2001-02-16 13:25:00

quote:Originally posted by sjponeill:
(even though the left wing does drag on take off),
Someone had similiar problem that the aircraft was tilted in the runway, I have never encountered this myself.
quote:If I fire up the campaign, I default to flying an F-4 in Vietnam albeit with an F-16 cockpit.
That is correct if you selected F-4E Squadron. We dont have F-4E cockpit yet, but were working on it Image
quote:In instant action, I find myself in a F-16 over Vietnam;
That is correct, I havent even studied yet if instant action default aircrafts can be changed.
quote:and there don't seem to be any TE single mission scenarios (or can I d/l these from somewhere else - I recall a note in beta 2 saying only to use the scenarios from PMC.
There is no TE missions provided with the release and none can be downloaded, we simply havent done TE missions. Basically most stuff related to Beta 2 is old information with Beta 4.
quote:I'm new to both F4 and the VN betas so it may be that I am wasting your time (if so, sorry) if not, can someone give me some pointers on what I should be doing?
Seems to me that the theater works pretty nicely on you, except the left-wing drag. Just start to fly some mission in campaign and see how it goes.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

sjponeill

Re: VN beta 4 - what should I have?

Post by sjponeill » 2001-02-17 10:19:00

Thanks - read around some more and fixed the left wing drop by installing the Rp4.1 patch less the one that is not compatible with the VN mod.

Campaign missions work great, less my sorry piloting skills some times.