small toy for Vnam theater :)

Vietnam theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

small toy for Vnam theater :)

Post by Guest » 2000-11-02 05:12:00

http://www.egroups.com/files/f4Falkland/111.jpg

How about this one?
according to Pharohx's reference link, I picked K63 APC(chinese-built?) for modeling.

Re: small toy for Vnam theater :)

Post by Guest » 2000-11-02 08:02:00

Yup its a 3d model... hey could you update us on the new 3d model importing business, where do we stand now?

PMC TFW
Snake Man

Post by Guest » 2000-11-02 15:51:00

ya, did you check Julian's site?
fly.to/fng
check those new shots..Exocet and JSOW models are converted. we are trying to fix those glitches/rebuild missile models.
Julian succeeded in importing new, simple weapon models, and keeps working on converting texture-mapping/moving parts/complex models.
Once we got any progress, you'll be informed.

BTW, Warlock0 starts a tile-making egroups, maybe you can ask him for more rice paddle tils..did you check that f4 vs mig17 pic? Hope Vnam theater could bring us feeling of that kind.

Post by Guest » 2000-11-02 15:57:00

Yes its very cool picture. Indeed Vietnam terrain could use few extra tiles, I must say after tiling hundreds of segments the farmland terrain looks kind of "dry"..

PMC TFW
Snake Man

Post by Guest » 2000-11-02 16:54:00

still my old proposal for Terrainview, if four(or more) tiles could be stitched in sets according to their pattern/alignment, you can save lots effort in tiling.
Hope theaters with lots areas of monomorphous terrain, like Desert/Plain/Rice paddles, could be done with such tile-sets.

Post by Guest » 2000-11-02 19:18:00

So will I assign few segments of Vietnam for you now? :)

PMC TFW
Snake Man

Post by Guest » 2000-11-02 20:45:00

ccc,
see what happens when you keep hanging
around the nam thread. Seriously, the new tiles for nam will be an important addition to the accuracy of the sim.
Loas,Cambodia,N.Vietnam,S.Vietnam ect... the terrain varies tremendously.

Post by Guest » 2000-11-03 01:40:00

hey, I just got mail from Warlock0, he want to help some new tiles. Frankly, I'd like to got new tiles first... You know im very very care about those rice paddles(from the begining of this theater)!!!

Nam sims bring me happy days in the past, like:
Thunder ridges(F105. AT)
Flight of intruder
Fighter duel(UK, mutiple era/theater/a/c)
USAF97/Fighter Anthology

We've good chance to build it, but there're lots thing to do. Like 3d modeling, im right hot on it, Pharoxh is working on A4. and I manage to build a mig17. no promise though.

Post by Guest » 2000-11-03 18:19:00

Since I have tried the Nam beta, it would be nice if someone was able to correctly model the terrain/rivers of Hanoi and Haiphong.