Vietnam Tiling Progress Map

Vietnam theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Vietnam Tiling Progress Map

Post by Guest » 2000-09-16 01:10:00

Thanks to Lone Wolf we now have another nice update for our pages, Vietnam Tiling Progress map is available.

Also immediately I made first update for it :)

Its easy to read:
Green == Not tiled
White == Tiled.

Every singe white segment in that map is done by me... Uhh, still so much to go.

PMC TFW
Snake Man

Re: Vietnam Tiling Progress Map

Post by Guest » 2000-09-16 01:59:00

Okay snakeman,
I got the Nam theater installed properly.
1. hit the TE and under "saved" was Vietnam
2. selected nam and hit f-16 icon.
3. mission schedule appears, no flights. Map in upper right corner looks like a blue red overlay of nam on top of korea.
4. enlarged lower right map and show airbase installations.
5.clicked on add package button then selected Dong Hoi airbase. Add package screen opens.
6. clicked takeoff lock to green
7. clicked New
8. selected F-16C,deep strike, airbase Danang,target Dong Hoi hit okay. Flight appears.
9. clicked flight plan icon, cycled steerpoint to target, hit assign, selected Dong hoi runway.
10. verified briefing screen.
11. deselect green package screen
12. set victory conditions, changed to sortie
13. saved under nam.
14. ran TE.
F-16's were loaded took off from Danang, got up to Dong Hoi where Mister Sam got me about 5 miles out.
For the life of me I could not create a phantom mission. Could you post a TE creation SOP for Nam? I would like to know how you creat them, i must be doing something wrong.

Post by Guest » 2000-09-16 03:26:00

AHHHHH!
I checked my f4dir. and i have Joel's F4 patch in there,and i figured that was good enough, but when i clicked to open, the fly any aircraft wasn't selected. When i tried to select and apply changes i got an error message. So maybe that's the source of the problem.

Post by Guest » 2000-09-16 04:06:00

> fly any aircraft wasn't selected. When
> i tried to select and apply changes i got
> an error message. So maybe that's the
> source of the problem.

Dont know, I used to get all kinds of weird cannot apply errors on the f4patch program way before I got into f4 terrain business.

Just try to activate fly any plane patch and you'll get to fly F-4E Phantom.

PMC TFW
Snake Man

Post by Guest » 2000-09-17 03:15:00

First let me say, magnificant job. I'm still having problems with the F4 patch. However, i flew around some more this evening. I used the same mission as before, flew up to Dong Hoi out of Danang. Danang is good, but when i looked closer at Dong hoi, part of it looked to be a little out in the H20. I was moving low and fast so i really didn't get a good look. I then flew up the coast, once again, outstanding work and attention to detail. Coastal terrain was excellent. I had mig 21's,sams, and AAA all over me. The migs got my wingman,so the AI is working properly. Anyway, didn't see anything out of the ordinary,frame was smooth as glass even at 4x. No CTD's to report, very stable, i'll test weapons tomorrow.

Post by Guest » 2000-09-17 04:03:00

> looked closer at Dong hoi, part of it
> looked to be a little out in the H20.

Hmm I'll look into this.

> First let me say, magnificant job.
> I then flew up the coast, once again,
> outstanding work and attention to detail.
> Coastal terrain was excellent.

Thanks for your kind words, they are music to my ears! :)

btw do you feel the shoreline (the absolute land<>water line) is OK?
I kind of have mixed feelings about it because it is sticking out on the terrain somehow (hard to explain).

PMC TFW
Snake Man

Post by Guest » 2000-09-17 16:16:00

Shoreline? The shoreline i see smooth and perfect. The only thing i have noticed near the shoreline is some patches of darker blue water than the regular ocean, but this in nothing. Even if you point it out it doesn't bother you in any way. Maybe there is seaweed there. Dong hoi is out there from the control tower to the take off section of runway. All the other airbases look fine. I flew up to Hanoi. Shot down a few Mig 21's. Air to air, weapons are good to go. The scenerio feels like your in a campaign, and not a TE. Everything is after you, and i had to put on invunerability just to look around. This theater is going to be a masterpiece when you are finished. No glitches detected, but now i'll test some mav's and lbg's.