VietNam

Vietnam theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

WOLF-257
Recruit

VietNam

Post by WOLF-257 » 2001-02-12 04:22:00

I'm kinda new to F4 as I spend most of my time flying and working on EAW but I'd like to thank you for your work.I loaded the Beta2 Theater and the updated campaign up and everything worked as advertised.Flew a campaign BARCAP out of Korat,took about an hour and a half and didn't see a thing but lots and lots of flak.This is not a complaint,I know a guy that flew out of Korat and he said he flew 14 such missions before he even saw a Mig and it was not close enough to engage and during the time he spent there he saw exactly 3 Migs.I'm not particularly hardcore but I do like realism in the missions and not seeing anything is just as realistic as being up to your butt in Alligators especially in a campaign environment.The terrain looks good and the low level clouds just enhanced this.

I got a question about the flak guns,are some of them not radar directed?I started running into flak and got no indication of ground radar at a couple of points.The RWR lite up like a Christmas tree in other places though.I know the NVA had some large calibre guns that were run on manual aiming.I assume these were large guns because the flak was at about 25,000 feet.

One more question,what is the status of the F-105?I really like to load up one and go Downtown.

Again,thanks for all your work.

WOLF

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: VietNam

Post by ccc » 2001-02-12 04:35:00

ya, some flak are not radar-directed. like most 14.7mm, 23mm, or 60? 57mm.

F105? not yet. we are waiting 3d hacking.

Expect Beta4 availabe at retailers near you Image Image Image

chance
Recruit

Post by chance » 2001-02-23 00:51:00

I got a question about the flak guns,are some of them not radar directed?I started running into flak and got no indication of ground radar at a couple of points.The RWR lite up like a Christmas tree in other places though.I know the NVA had some large calibre guns that were run on manual aiming.I assume these were large guns because the flak was at about 25,000 feet.

12.7, 14.5, 23 and most 37mm were manual tracking guns. 57, 87 and 100mm were radar controlled.

One more question,what is the status of the F-105?I really like to load up one and go Downtown.

Again,thanks for all your work.

WOLF[/B][/QUOTE]

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2001-02-23 13:48:00

quote:Originally posted by chance:
I got a question about the flak guns,are some of them not radar directed?I started running into flak and got no indication of ground radar at a couple of points.The RWR lite up like a Christmas tree in other places though.I know the NVA had some large calibre guns that were run on manual aiming.
Vietnam uses the default data, so if you have some realism patch datas for AAA, thats what you get.

We havent modified any loadouts/datas yet, but this will happen soon.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."