How can I help?

Vietnam theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

How can I help?

Post by Guest » 2000-10-26 14:26:00

Dont have alot of experience with creating things for Falcon. Would love to help out though. Mabey creating some models or something? Let me know. Great idea, cant wait to try it! Do you have a model for "Scooter"(A-4)?
Also, I work with a Vietnam ACE Instructor pilot, Col. Casey Call(RET). He is willing to answer alot of question you might have. He taught BFM to US and South Viet pilots in country! He is an airport director for NASA now! Anyway, let me know. Have alot of over priced Software that needs some use!;)

Re: How can I help?

Post by Guest » 2000-10-26 15:15:00

Hi Pharohx,
yes we F4falkland theater need A4 model badly. how about A4P and A4Q?

I think Vietnam need A4 too...better bring us some carriers too :)

BTW, what tool do you have, 3ds or cad?

I've uploaded few Mirage shots here:
http://www.egroups.com/files/f4Falkland ... n+shot.zip

Post by Guest » 2000-10-26 17:58:00

I just got a the latest version of 3DMAX. Have no experience with importing or exporting files for Falcon. Is there a Tutorial somewhere? Same for models. 3DM can export many standards including .3ds and .dfx. Would need plenty of help! Carriers sound like fun but how do we create arresting gear and catapults?:)

Post by Guest » 2000-10-26 23:46:00

did you check those shots?

3ds is good for this job. rule: limit your polygon count less than 1800. catch the characterics of real things and dont go into over-detailed.

>I just got a the latest version of 3DMAX. >Have no experience with importing or >exporting files for Falcon. Is there a >Tutorial somewhere?

Julian is working on importing 3ds for Falcon4, no tutorial at present, just build 3d models, he'll handle others.

>Same for models. 3DM can export many >standards including .3ds and .dfx. Would >need plenty of help!

export in 3ds format.

>Carriers sound like fun but how do we >create arresting gear and catapults?:)

dont worry about that. focus on making new models..Julian is still figuring those moving parts/dynamic objects.
BTW, show us your 3d model ASAP :)

Post by Guest » 2000-10-27 00:31:00

Good! Sorry if I misslead you, but I have not created the models yet. Needed to get info(you gave some, thanks) before starting. Never dealt with skins. Any tips?;)

Post by Guest » 2000-10-27 01:32:00

ok, will try to find some 3 or 4-side view for you. or you may search here:

www.fas.org

section of military analysis, there should be some pics.
if models done, i'll help skins.

Post by Guest » 2000-10-27 04:26:00

OK Pharohx, send you lineart for modeling..but it said mail delivery failre?
do you got other email address?

Post by Guest » 2000-10-27 17:11:00

OOPS pharohxh@hotmail.com, sorry gotta fix that!

Post by Guest » 2000-11-11 16:02:00

Hi Pharohx

Were are looking for some 3dsmax models of all kinds of Vietnam War hardware, can you help us out on that?

PMC TFW
Snake Man

Post by Guest » 2000-11-11 16:20:00

Hi Snake Man,
Pharohx said he'll work with his friend on A4 skyhawk. it could take some weeks or so.
As for simple ground vehicles, i can build some for you.
Im getting familiar with 3ds, so it wont take long to produce US/NVA tanks nd APCs. But keep in mind, My models are built for gaming in f4, so they look a bit rough.

Did you check latest 3d model shots on Falkland egroup?

current problems about 3d models:
1. need experienced skin makers badly!!
2. dunno how to link turret and chassis, and make both work after conversion. that is, moving part conversion.
3. conversion problems, visible hidden faces of models, no gauround shading, wierd colors, etc. need Julian to solve.

what i've done(models)
ground vehicles:
type 63 APC(basic, rough), Mardar chassis, Scorpion(done), Leopard II(about done), challenger I(done).

missiles:
Rapier, Seawolf, Seadart, Seacat.

I think your list will include M41/42/24, PT76/T34?, BTR50..and what?

as for complex a/c, better ask experts.