update?

Vietnam theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

WolfPack
Recruit

update?

Post by WolfPack » 2002-12-27 02:16:00

Just wondering if there is going to be an update to the VN theater. It's to good to let it end.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: update?

Post by Snake Man » 2002-12-27 02:25:00

Fact is that there is nothing done since the last release.

Surely I've asked people to help in the ODS v0.4b testing and developing, but that same shout for help goes to Vietnam too of course in the sense that we need more people to dig out bugs and do stuff like new tiles etc.

So yes definitely there will be new updates - when something gets done.

Do you know anyone who wants to help? :)

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

WolfPack
Recruit

Post by WolfPack » 2002-12-27 02:35:00

I have lots of free time. I'm just not sure
what to do or how to go about it. Just let me know what ya need SnakeMan,[testing wise].
I like this theater. When it gets done I think it will be one the best. If not the best.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-12-27 04:20:00

Vnam theater will got more 3d stuff once SP4 release. modelers are working very hard on vnam-era toys.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2002-12-27 08:13:00

quote:Originally posted by WolfPack:
Just let me know what ya need
Thank you, this kind of attitude is what gets things done around here. Ok so first I suggest you read the
NAM BETA page to get updated what we already do know. Also read the related (link at the beta page) forum posts (well just for background).

After that its just beta testing and flying/playing around the theater. Report anything you think is wrong, error, bug or whatever. When we know about the bugs - we can try to fix the bugs.

At the moment I think Vietnam urgently needs the new terrain tiles, the current ones are created with my skills using ODS among other tiles. We need someone who actually has a talent with paint programs and such. We could do miracles to this theater if the tiles would be fixed. So if there is anyone who knows their way around paintprograms etc, please let us know.

I'm not going into the database/SP4 new 3d models issue because its stupid to speculate when SP4 will be out...

Okay hope to see your posts in the beta forum area. Thanks for one more time for helping us out! :)

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-12-27 10:17:00

quote:Originally posted by Snake Man:
I'm not going into the database/SP4 new 3d models issue because its stupid to speculate when SP4 will be out...
no you don't have to speculate, just wait :D

AFAIK, Vnam theater will got most toys it needs, mainly air and sea, few land stuff. no worries on this part. the terrain tiles still the priority. in past weeks i can't find good aerial photos for use. Maybe i should visit local libarary.