Element Lead and Wingman always reply 'Unable'

Vietnam theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Longshot6

Element Lead and Wingman always reply 'Unable'

Post by Longshot6 » 2001-10-16 10:21:00

Hi There Snake Man,

I'm enjoying Vietnam. Just want to say thanks again for your work. I just thought I'd let you know something that I kind of figure is a bug, although I am not certain. I fly the third mission with the 1st Squadron. I'm am flying as wingman to the package lead, and I have flown this a several times in a row to work on getting my A-G bombing procedures down. I don't recall the package name right now, but I'll call it Serpent4 for now. Whenever the pacakge lead calls out 'Attack target bearing 320, 10 miles', which is a bridge, the element lead and wingman always reply 'Serpent43 unable, Serpent44 unable'. Although they are carrying the proper weapons, we all have the same loadout. I just wanted to let you know in case this is a bug or problem that should be looked into.

Thanks,

Jim
"Variable, this is EasyRhino. Do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That''s a Rog, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickle up top. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin'' down!" EasyRhino, probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.