Proximity fuzing?

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

icebrain
1st Lt

Proximity fuzing?

Post by icebrain » 2008-12-30 21:43:51

nyone know where the proximity fuze range is set? I looked in the missile .dat file; there's a variable called ProximityfuseChange that seems like it would work, but changing it doesn't seem to have any effect. The missiles still detonate when they reach the blast radius defined in the weapon data file (SWD?)

Ed_1
Recruit
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Proximity fuzing?

Post by Ed_1 » 2009-12-01 16:44:33

icebrain wrote:nyone know where the proximity fuze range is set? I looked in the missile .dat file; there's a variable called ProximityfuseChange that seems like it would work, but changing it doesn't seem to have any effect. The missiles still detonate when they reach the blast radius defined in the weapon data file (SWD?)
Are you trying this with air/proximity weapon type weapons. I think it only was meant to work with A/A missiles . and the proximity range was just so if it missed the warhead would explode X distance . If it still doesn't work it probably never was exported out of hardcoded code. I know we (LP) left it at defaults , as it didn't seem to be worth implementing it without other factors taken into a count .

Return to “Terrain / Theater”