UI maps

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Red Dog
Banned user

UI maps

Post by Red Dog » 2008-12-01 09:19:36

Hello Gents,

Anyone can give me a procedure to extract the UI maps from falcon?
I'd like to make a few tests for an ongoing project but I need the UI map (Korea) as a graphic file for Photoshop work

Many thanks
RD

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: UI maps

Post by Snake Man » 2008-12-01 09:45:11

In our wiki the Falcon 4 User Interface page is pretty weak, just listing file names and resolutions and color depths. But the map image is the art\resource\ directory file campmap file.

To extract this, use the perl scripts. Personally nowadays I use PerlScriptApplyer.exe which was made by Schumi if I'm not mistaken. There is also tool from Malc which does everything stand alone, but I haven't used it much now so I can't recall all its features now. You might check forum search for Malc's rsc / tga utility (sorry I don't remember proper search words for it now), if it ever was publicly discussed.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Malc
Lt Colonel

Post by Malc » 2008-12-01 10:59:11

irc2res.exe and procidx.exe were executable filenames, if necessary I can reload them somewhere for you.

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0

Post by Sherlock » 2008-12-01 15:14:30

Snake Man wrote:In our wiki the Falcon 4 User Interface page is pretty weak, just listing file names and resolutions and color depths. But the map image is the art\resource\ directory file campmap file.

To extract this, use the perl scripts. Personally nowadays I use PerlScriptApplyer.exe which was made by Schumi if I'm not mistaken. There is also tool from Malc which does everything stand alone, but I haven't used it much now so I can't recall all its features now. You might check forum search for Malc's rsc / tga utility (sorry I don't remember proper search words for it now), if it ever was publicly discussed.

What is this "PerlScriptApplyer.exe" and where does one get it to take a look at? :)
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Red Dog
Banned user

Post by Red Dog » 2008-12-01 15:52:51

thanks gents,

A friend sent me the data I needed, those maps are not easy to extract :)
Rd

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2008-12-01 16:28:34

Sherlock wrote:What is this "PerlScriptApplyer.exe" and where does one get it to take a look at? :)
Its sort of like GUI for running perl scripts. Its nothing really groundbreaking, it is still bitch to open the files, browse to files and then apply etc. But yeah I guess it beats opening DOS-box and cd'ing the directories (especially if those are long) and doing everything manually. Its not widely available that I know of, I got it during the good old times from Schumi directly if I recall correctly.

If Malc's tool become available, they are much better as we then don't need Perl at all. We should hear what Malc has to say about that.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

Mapi
Recruit

Post by Mapi » 2008-12-01 17:56:56

For a quick... you can use the "Resource Editor.exe".
It is in the RV installion: Falcon4\art\resource (i think)

here a BG:

:wink:

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2008-12-02 14:57:53

Snake Man wrote:
Sherlock wrote:What is this "PerlScriptApplyer.exe" and where does one get it to take a look at? :)
Its sort of like GUI for running perl scripts. Its nothing really groundbreaking, it is still bitch to open the files, browse to files and then apply etc. But yeah I guess it beats opening DOS-box and cd'ing the directories (especially if those are long) and doing everything manually. Its not widely available that I know of, I got it during the good old times from Schumi directly if I recall correctly.

If Malc's tool become available, they are much better as we then don't need Perl at all. We should hear what Malc has to say about that.
I've used Malc's tools and they work good except they won't do 16 bit color images, only 8 bit. There is another tool out there called resource editor that came out before. I'm not sure who created it. Maybe Fred Balding as part of the theatercreator package?
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Malc
Lt Colonel

Post by Malc » 2008-12-02 17:33:14

They do 16-bit images fine, its the 24-bit to 16-bit conversion they are struggling with, and I'm fixing that currently.

Sherlock wrote:
Snake Man wrote:

I've used Malc's tools and they work good except they won't do 16 bit color images, only 8 bit. There is another tool out there called resource editor that came out before. I'm not sure who created it. Maybe Fred Balding as part of the theatercreator package?

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2008-12-02 19:36:38

Malc wrote:They do 16-bit images fine, its the 24-bit to 16-bit conversion they are struggling with, and I'm fixing that currently.
Sorry Malc.
That's what I get for trying to do something from memory that happened over a year ago... :mrgreen: Good to see you around here again and it's good to hear you are continuing to upgrade the resource editor! :P
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Red Dog
Banned user

Post by Red Dog » 2008-12-17 09:16:47

Hello gents,

I have a new UI map I'd like to try; anyone can convert my PNG file to a .RS
it's more than 8bit though

If you could help, I would be grateful, please email me (olivier(at)ravico.com)

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2008-12-17 12:35:34

RAR it up and email to me, I can make it for UI file.

PMC since 1984

Return to “Terrain / Theater”