Russian/Chinese DATA sets please help

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Expo
Recruit

Russian/Chinese DATA sets please help

Post by Expo » 2007-08-07 00:37:56

I am running into the following problem. When I am using the russianwest data set it outputs the objects in a .csv file which i am also able to open and save in TE_NEW.tac. But when i launch falcon and make a new te it will load the page but then hang.

I have to ctrl alt delete out of falcon but there is something interesting here.
By default falcon loads airbases on the map and when i look it loads all airbases except those supposed to be in russia. Over russia there are no objects showing allthough they are showing in tacedit using map view.

Also i deleted all villages and cities to cut the number of objects for faster load time but falcon still hangs so it's not because of the number of objects

Zaggy
Colonel

Post by Zaggy » 2007-08-11 18:47:40

Thats weird! My work on the Data pretty much scoped out once we had data sucessfully loading into DEM2Terrain and generating valid TDF's...

All i can suggest here is standard problem solving skills here:
- Start again, with fresh GLOBE data (maybe even pick a slightly different theater center;
- add ONE form a data (say, JUST airbases) and try to build the theater then;
- if it works, continue; if not, try to load JUST the Russia Data and see if you can build... etc...

Try and break the problem down until you can identify the FILE that breaks the process.

The 87th were the first guys to get their hands on this data when i first completed the conversion years back, for their Nordic Theater. I didnt hear of any issues from them, so i can only assume they didnt experience the same hassle that youre having...

Keep us posted tho!
Daniel "Zaggy" Bell
Old-School, Grumpy and Anti-Social
Also to be found lurking round FighterOps

Expo
Recruit

Post by Expo » 2007-08-12 18:24:27

Allright thnx Zaggy, will give it a go.

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Sherlock » 2007-08-12 18:49:19

This sounds very similar to a problem I had. It turned out to be bad objectives in the .csv file. So Zaggy's approach should work. I tracked my down by building a Instant Action .CAM file and flying around the theater. Whenever I got to an area with a bad objective it would CTD. I then would go in and delete any objectives other than villages, cities or towns. I finally got the .csv file cleaned up this way. No CTDs now.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Return to “Terrain / Theater”