Changing Tiles

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Epic
2nd Lt

Changing Tiles

Post by Epic » 2007-05-30 05:43:00

Snakeman

I used your Korean config files for CATE and checked out the results in Terrainview. It looked great, airbases were tiled and leveled and roads and rivers were there it looked great.

I skipped over the art portion of the ultimate theater tutorial and set the tdf file to use the Korea art. I tested the instant action.

There was a square of water tiles around my jet and as I flew in one direction the land tiles would be replaced by water tiles as I grew nearer to them so that I was always surrounded by water. It looked like possibly 1 segment big. That was a 128 theater. I re-did all the terrain and had the same problem. I re-did all the terrain again this time 64 segment and still the same problem.

As I move forward the tiles in the distance changed to ocean. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Epic

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-05-30 06:37:35

Anytime you do edits to the L2 file you need to rebuild the terrain with tinstall.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Epic
2nd Lt

Tiles

Post by Epic » 2007-05-30 14:06:05

Yes, I converted my l2/o2 to 4byte so I used sptinstall to rebuild the terrain. Is this problem related to an issue with being rebuilt?

Epic

Epic
2nd Lt

Fartiles

Post by Epic » 2007-06-07 23:53:37

Snakeman

After reading Expo's fartile thread I checked my config editor and found that I had disabled high altitude fartiles. I enabled them and checked out IA again. Now the ocean tiles surrounding my jet were gone, but they were replaced with "grass?" tiles.

Unfortunately, as I flew these tiles went with me like the ocean tiles before. I am using OF dss graphics so fartiles shouldn't have any effect right? Plus, unselecting the high altitude fartiles should have affected the closer tiles would they?

Do you think building in OF is causing me problems? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Epic

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Fartiles

Post by Snake Man » 2007-06-08 02:44:06

Epic wrote:I am using OF dss graphics so fartiles shouldn't have any effect right?
No fartiles still has to be correct.
Plus, unselecting the high altitude fartiles should have affected the closer tiles would they?
I have absolutely no idea what that config for fartiles does. I think I've always left it on default.
Do you think building in OF is causing me problems?
Not that I know off.
Any ideas?
Can you guarantee for me that you have succesfully rebuild the terrain with SPTinstall (or some tinstall thingy) AND then run SeasonSwitcher (or similar util thingy)?

This is what I'm running for Vietnam now when I rebuild the terrain:

Code: Select all

D:\games\f4\Utilities\sptinstall.exe -auto d:\games\f4\theaters\vietnam\terrdata

D:\games\f4\Utilities\LxNormalFix.exe @Vietnam @d:\games\f4\Theaters\Vietnam\terrdata

D:\games\f4\Utilities\seasonswitcher.exe -0
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

T_Rex
FreeFalcon

Post by T_Rex » 2007-06-08 02:47:39

Hey Snakeman - you should make an NSIS script that will run those automatically. :)

:thumbs:
Sic Semper tyrannosauro.

Epic
2nd Lt

Utilities

Post by Epic » 2007-06-08 03:19:37

SM
Can you guarantee for me that you have succesfully rebuild the terrain with SPTinstall (or some tinstall thingy) AND then run SeasonSwitcher (or similar util thingy)?
I ran sptinstall, but that is the only utility that I ran. I did not run lxnormalfix or seasonswitcher. I will run lxnormalfix and seasonswitcher and get back to you.

Thanks again,

Epic

Epic
2nd Lt

Utilities

Post by Epic » 2007-06-08 04:16:52

SM

Awesome!!! That was the problem, I had to run LXNormalFix and Seasonswitcher. Now on to the maps. Not looking forward to them.

Thanks again,

Epic

Return to “Terrain / Theater”