F4AF theater label graphics for all theaters

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

F4AF theater label graphics for all theaters

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-02 13:22:50

F4AF uses the theaterlabel graphic in the top left hand corner in the UI, we have now one made for Iran by Sherlock, but we need rest of the theaters also. This file is located in the art/resource directory in the theaterlabel.rsc file.

The catch is, its been my experience that ONE PERSON needs to do all of these graphics so they are unified in look.

So who would volunteer to create theater label graphics for: Afghanistan, Europe, Falklands, Korea 128, Israel, Nevada, Desert Storm, Taiwan and Vietnam theaters? (And Iran if the person who does them is another than Sherlock HEHE).

Israel and Falklands arent my work, but I'm thinking ahead, as one person needs to make then all unified in look, its better to get all done at once so we dont have to come back to this problem in the future.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Khronik
PMC Theater Developer

Post by Khronik » 2007-04-02 20:54:02

Did a run for all the theaters listed above. Packed them into RSC/IDX so there ready to be dropped into game path. I sent you the link SM in your PMs.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-02 21:57:43

Great, thank you very much. I'll forward the Israel and Falklands to ranger822 also.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-03 17:44:31

Ah I just checked them out... and dunno how to say this as I really really dont want to look the gift horse in the mouth as I appreciate the time and effort for these... but, I wanted one person to do all the images at one time so they are unified in look, where the images you did are all different in style/colors like Afghanistan with three colors etc. Oh also Korea 128 should read just that "Korea 128" instead plain simple korea... which we already have.

Sorry to be a whiner about this but I specificly wanted one standard look / style for the text. Basically I would be happy just with copying the blueish style of original korea theater from LP. I understand if you dont want to redo them anymore, we can live with these different colored/styled ones as they are better than nothing, but indeed they are not what I wanted.

Sorry for not being more cleared about it :(

PMC since 1984

Khronik
PMC Theater Developer

Post by Khronik » 2007-04-03 18:51:58

Well the colors represent the flags of the theaters. They are all the same font, and also are using the same style. The only difference is the font size and colors. To be honest SM, this is how I would have liked them to be and I think they pop out and look pretty good, though it seems we have conflicting oppinions on what the theater should look like. Ill head back into PS and ring up another batch. This time well go for the circa 64 look.

Edit: Check your PMs SM, re-did the labels.

This time I kept the exact same font size for all theaters and used the same plain style/color.

Khronik.

Return to “Terrain / Theater”