Are you planning a Mediterranean theater??

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Are you planning a Mediterranean theater??

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-10-16 13:58:00

I'm not rally sure if this post should go in this section(sorry if it shouldn't) but I have a question for you guys. Are you planning any theater based on the Mediterranean area. I read in the theaters that there is the probability that you will do so. Am I right for this matter?? You see I am from Cyprus which is in the Mediterranean area so this is really interesting for me and I am sure for TARAMAS as well as others. I heard that they have banned video-games of any kind in Greece and that is a shame.

Butcher_ss.
Butcher_ss.

Quicksilver
2nd Lt

Re: Are you planning a Mediterranean theater??

Post by Quicksilver » 2002-10-18 15:08:00

Expect an official announcement on such a theater, in an month or so.

As for that stupid anti-game law, it's been revoked.
Costas "Quicksilver" Stoupakis

Death_119
Lt Colonel

Post by Death_119 » 2002-10-19 14:41:00

I got Cyprus over my area, but its not a very intresting spot (won't even tile it, it was my testing area two years ago :)), so nothing will occuer over there. better to make Greece VS Turky or Turky VS Syria insted.

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-10-19 14:58:00

quote:Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Expect an official announcement on such a theater, in an month or so.

As for that stupid anti-game law, it's been revoked.
Yes you are right. it is indeed a very stupid law and it is not fair for people who have games and to those who sell them. It is a good thing that it has been revoked. So in about a month or so there should be a definite answer to whether there will be a Mediterranean theater, right??

Butcher_ss.
Butcher_ss.

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-10-19 15:03:00

quote:Originally posted by Death_119:
I got Cyprus over my area, but its not a very intresting spot (won't even tile it, it was my testing area two years ago :)), so nothing will occuer over there. better to make Greece VS Turky or Turky VS Syria insted.
I was thinking that a theater for the Mediterranean with Cyprus included would be appropiate since the main reason for the Greece-Turkey disagreement is Cyprus since Greece is our ally and since Turkey is against Cyprus it is therefore against Greece. I was thinking that the theater could be based on a conflict between these counties with Cyprus and Greece against Turkey.

Butcher_ss.
Butcher_ss.

Death_119
Lt Colonel

Post by Death_119 » 2002-10-20 14:20:00

Land scape too boring, what else does the greece got except of some F-16's? you can't put any subs over the game and the mark 209 is the most advance weaponry greece got i think, so - won't be much :D.

Quicksilver
2nd Lt

Post by Quicksilver » 2002-10-22 13:42:00

Death_119: On the contrary, the terrain is very interesting... islands, mountains, forests, farms, snow, coasts & canyons.

As for equipment... Apaches, King Cobras, MLRS, Hawk & Patriot SAMs, AWACS and refuelling aircraft, frigates & destroyers, Leopard tanks, ... and that's not counting what's still missing from the Falcon object database. I think that with the large numbers of high-tech equipment that both sides have in such a small area, a fight would be VERY exciting indeed!

Oh, and BTW, both Turkey & Greece just ordered Type 214 subs... the most advanced non-nuclear type there is. :)

Butcher: A theater that would include all the areas, and Cyprus, will have to be a 128-segment theater. Our's is not... we may look into that later. And there's no doubt that the theater exists... the official announcement will come soon.
Costas "Quicksilver" Stoupakis

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-10-22 14:19:00

Agen theater...finally soon available? :D :D

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-10-22 16:22:00

quote:Originally posted by ccc:
Agen theater...finally soon available? :D :D
Hopefully there will be a theater released after all but I am not really sure about that. It would be very interesting from my perspective if there was a Mediterranean theater released. We shall soon find out right??

Butcher_ss.
Butcher_ss.

Death_119
Lt Colonel

Post by Death_119 » 2002-10-22 20:25:00

quote:Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Death_119: On the contrary, the terrain is very interesting... islands, mountains, forests, farms, snow, coasts & canyons.

As for equipment... Apaches, King Cobras, MLRS, Hawk & Patriot SAMs, AWACS and refuelling aircraft, frigates & destroyers, Leopard tanks, ... and that's not counting what's still missing from the Falcon object database. I think that with the large numbers of high-tech equipment that both sides have in such a small area, a fight would be VERY exciting indeed!

Oh, and BTW, both Turkey & Greece just ordered Type 214 subs... the most advanced non-nuclear type there is. :)

Butcher: A theater that would include all the areas, and Cyprus, will have to be a 128-segment theater. Our's is not... we may look into that later. And there's no doubt that the theater exists... the official announcement will come soon.
Mark 214 is actually an upgrade of the 212, most advance submarine in the world now days using Diesel engine. only two countries got those - Israel and Germany (while both are using two diffrent versions). each sub cost 320 millione dollars, with capabelity of nuclear strike (over the israeli version). actually the only fleet of subs beeing to use the Popeye-Turbo Cruise missiles with nuclear warheads now days i think.

the 214 won't come around till 2005, so its still a bit far away, and a future project.

greece and Turkey both got outstanding landscape for sure (wish we had some thing at this sort of level :) .

pilot

Post by pilot » 2002-11-18 16:52:00

whell death can you tell me please what is the advance equipment israel have exept some F-15s and vipers who used against Mig-21 :D ?
I like to fly over a complex terren no over the desert dust or over camels :D .If you have any question meet my online for a dogfight.see you on your 6oclock. :cool:

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-11-19 10:53:00

Well, It seems Dudi's Top-secret Israeli theater is about ready for the public.. :D :D

An israeli falconeer reveal something on Mac forum:
=====================================
Hi --
A fellow Falconer, Dudi Likvornik, is nearing completion of a new theater for F4: Israel. The terrain reaches from Egypt to Western Iraq, from Cyprus to Sinai. The entire theater is hand-tiled and looks very nice, especially in comparison to the auto-tiled Desert Storm Theater. The 3D object placement is awesome, and the objectives and orders of battle are very realistic. New skins, new squadron patches... lot's of new. :-)

I've volunteered to port his PC theater to the Mac. I know that people in this forum have successfully ported the Balkans Theater. I would like advice on tools, scripts, data conversions, and on pitfalls to watch out for.

Any advice would be welcome, and discussion can be off-line from the forum to preserve bandwidth.
=======================================

Death_119
Lt Colonel

Post by Death_119 » 2002-11-20 14:49:00

Wow, i never thought it will reach other forums. well yeah, theater is 99% done, there is just one nasty CTD to fix over the campaign. if i won't be able to have it fix by tomorrow with the help of Widow and Colin i will release it no matter what with the help of Fred. well i posted a final thread about it and a description of most things over an israeli forum here, was hoping to wait a little bit with the final annoucment over the officals Falcon 4 forums. will announce when i will have the Install Shield up and running.

but who ever wishes to see a little this is the original thread i posted a two days ago, its in hebrew so don't expect to understand much, but you can see the links for the pictures. please just don't say anything about it else where, keep it to this forum till i will decide to release. i want to make sure everything is ready first.
http://www.gamer.co.il/gamer2/php/topic ... icid=79268

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-11-20 14:59:00

Great job Dudi, you can't hold good news for long :D

BTW, take a look at this:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Capsule/6480/bekaa.html

nice material for campaign designing!

Death_119
Lt Colonel

Post by Death_119 » 2002-11-20 15:04:00

Well it might, but i was scared that those sort of campaigns will be too small. Israel is a very small area to fight over, and so does just Syria and Lebanon. so i made a Future campaign for any case. just for i will have the flexiablity to have planes were ever i want :). too bad it still shows some problems.

btw, can you please provide me a link to that post over the MAC forum?

Edit: Never mind, found the post. thanks anyway.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-11-20 15:19:00

Return to “Terrain / Theater”