New theatre suggestion

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

araquael
Recruit

New theatre suggestion

Post by araquael » 2003-01-09 19:27:00

Hi all.

Some years ago, I wrote a background to a multiplay mission set for Fighters Anthology that I never released. The idea was to have a very ambiguous setting which had two sides and you might have sympathy with either. One was a "confederation of south American states" the other side was a UK/US alliance. The map sets used the Panama and Falklands maps.

Anyway, in the news today, I see that Spain is changing its immigration laws to allow people whose parents or grandparents are spanish to immigrate to Spain. Italy is doing the same thing. Thousands, if not millions, of Argentines and other South and Central American citizens can emigrate to Europe. Europe is in the middle of a demographic shift (young educated people aren't having babies), so basically, I get the idea that Southern Europe, in particular, will be merrily importing replacement citizens, with whome they share a racial and linguistic similarity (oh and don't blow things up).

Last year, they were talking about the nation of Argentina ceasing to exist.

So imagine...imagine...

Imagine the nation of Argentina ceases existing. Vast quantities of its "European" citizens are gone, taking their wealth with them. the cities are virtually empty, the economy is non existent...leaving a political vacuum. So you have a growing set of unrest, and general nastiness happening.

The US sends in a UN backed "stabilisation force" This is seen as blatant "colonialism" by its neighbours. The Central/Southern America alliance forms. They are armed with primarily older Russian and French stuff. But as the war progresses, China starts channelling weapons to them, to keep the US busy while it pursues its agendas elsewhere.

Faced with Native indian guerillas, a hostile alliance of nations and chinese interference, the US prepares for a long engagement...

just a thought.

Gavin

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: New theatre suggestion

Post by Snake Man » 2003-01-09 21:23:00

Remember this is Falcon 4 development geek forum for hardcore tech talk, not a flame infested funny farm like other forums.

Thank You.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Post by Butcher_ss » 2003-01-10 12:11:00

Maybe you should try writing a book or something. Or even better try a script for a sciense fiction movie :)

Butcher_ss.
Butcher_ss.

T_Rex
FreeFalcon

Post by T_Rex » 2003-01-10 15:13:00

Araquael-

Don't let them get you down! Who woulda thought 3 years ago that the US would be fighting a war in Afghanistan from bases in Pakistan and the former Soviet central republics?!

There's a great tutorial on how to get a theater started here on the PMC site. Spend a few hours, try it out, and see if you can get a theater that you like! It's really kinda fun.

T
Sic Semper tyrannosauro.

Widowmaker
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Terrains

Post by Widowmaker » 2003-01-10 16:36:00

quote:Originally posted by edzim:
It shows where misuse of drugs lead to.
hey I misuse drugs all the time
whats your problem :)

/widmak
Widmak

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Post by Butcher_ss » 2003-01-10 17:20:00

Well that explains a lot :D :D :D

Butcher_ss.
Butcher_ss.

araquael
Recruit

Post by araquael » 2003-01-11 22:40:00

It was just a suggestion.

Actually, the real reason I came up with the notion was to solve the constant problem with multiplay games: there's always goodie/US and baddie/someone else, and someone has to play the baddie. So to balance things out, you either make a weird plot (as i have) or make it so neither side is particularly noble.

Hence the weirder notions. Sorry, I put it in the wrong place, Snake Man. :)

Gavin

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2003-01-12 18:09:00

I take my mommys milk.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Return to “Terrain / Theater”