Two years since...

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Malc
Lt Colonel

Two years since...

Post by Malc » 2005-09-20 18:11:00

... Snake Man, our Theater Leader and Mentor, decided to call time on our shared obsession.

Hope you are doing well mate! :beer:

87th_striker
Brig. General

Re: Two years since...

Post by 87th_striker » 2005-10-27 16:07:00

Some cold beer to your Souna, Snake Man !!

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2005-11-26 05:11:00

I just finished bunch of stuff at Operation Flashpoint scene. Check them out at PMC Tactical OFP page.

Thanks guys for remembering me, heh its nice. I also remember the Falcon 4 scene and you guys, sometimes I get the feeling to beging flying again (with more scale than 51km x 51km in OFP), but when it gets too serious thought, I remember the mess the F4 scene/software was and I'll stick to OFP flying. :)

I checked out Allied Force, but just briefly. Many things I forgot about the the last version of F4 I ran on my computer, but this new one looked nice.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

ranger822
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by ranger822 » 2005-11-28 21:02:00

51km x51 km does sound a little small, especially compared to your Vietnam Theater.

Now there was a theater with some real potential to be the greatest. I have a bunch of new tiles from Cuba theater that would look absolutely fantastic, along with using some hi-tiles, and some phototiles of some airbases would like mighty nice. We are using TCL scripts on Israeli Theater now - - very powerful and I suspect we have a bit more to learn there. Would make Vietnam campaign much more manageable. Though, I think TE's may really be a better way to handle low intensity conflict. How about Cunningham or Ritchie's mig killing encounters, or mining Haiphong Harbour, lots of great encounters to model. Really make me long for the good old days of PMC

Finally, Israeli theater has a new hi-res model of the F-4E Phantom that would really make flying Vietnam fun. We are going to use it in Israeli Theater once I make a skin for it.

Too bad we don't have you around to see it or make Vietnam the way you always wanted it.

Return to “Terrain / Theater”