A little help with my helicopter...

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for OFP

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Jez

A little help with my helicopter...

Post by Jez » 2006-11-16 10:45:20

This post probably doesn't really belong here but...
I can't figure out how to use my joystick and use the rudder in the helicopters at the same time.
Seems to need some kind of adjustable input and the only thing I can find to satisfy it is to assign the throttle on my stick to rudder which sucks.
A little help?

VTE is brilliant, as I wandered into a village as a medic in an air cav squad the rain began to pour and I thought "yeah!"

One oher questions if anyone has a moment, once again I'm sure they don't belong here but how do start a unit in cargo without that unit being a part of the pilot/driver's squad?

Also the dynamic campaigns are pretty awesome, I would like to see one whereby you planned all the missions in a particular AO and things were linked so for example the killing of a civilian would cause other civilians to become VC.
Would make it myself but I have no talent.

Great job!!

kutya
Recruit

Re: A little help with my helicopter...

Post by kutya » 2006-11-16 12:03:42

One oher questions if anyone has a moment, once again I'm sure they don't belong here but how do start a unit in cargo without that unit being a part of the pilot/driver's squad?
In the editor there is an option for a unit, how it starts its appearance in the mission. There you can choose "normal" - for normal start, heh, "in formation" - in this case it's placed according to the leader of the group, "in flight" for the plane/heli to start in the air, and finally, you part "in cargo". In this case the unit will start in the nearest (I assume) vehicle that has cargo space.
Also the dynamic campaigns are pretty awesome, I would like to see one whereby you planned all the missions in a particular AO and things were linked so for example the killing of a civilian would cause other civilians to become VC.
Dunno which campaign/mission you mean. I made the Vietnam Tour of Duty Demo only. It will have relatively soon a full campaign. More in the future, there will be a large improvement in dyn camps that I make, so maybe there will be incorporated the idea of yours. Most of the other dynamic stuff is AFAIK made by SnakeMan.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-11-17 03:37:23

Most of the other dynamic stuff is AFAIK made by SnakeMan.
Right, but there is no dynamic stuff from me on VTE missions, the only dynamic campaign released by me is not for VTE.

We have the SEAL Team campaign in planning, well planning + editing, I have done what I said in the SEAL Team campaign topic. I would really like to finish that, but basically never get around to it heh :o

kutya
Recruit

Post by kutya » 2006-11-17 12:49:08

We have the SEAL Team campaign in planning, well planning + editing, I have done what I said in the SEAL Team campaign topic. I would really like to finish that, but basically never get around to it heh
I'm glad to hear about that! I've thought that project died since the topic is inactive. PM me if you think I can help somehow.

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (OFP)”