Mission Editor?

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for OFP

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Ragman

Mission Editor?

Post by Ragman » 2006-04-02 21:01:19

hi! i like creating my own missions, but that's not the point.
how do u f. eks call for a an evac chopper without having it in ur unit???
i tried to put the waypoint back where it first landed after it went back to base but then i only have limited time.
And how do u call for airstrike just put the plane where u want and give it a waypoint???
im confused :-/

someone help pliz

MI_Fred
1st Lt

Re: Mission Editor?

Post by MI_Fred » 2006-04-02 22:28:21

I hope you realize what you ask requires some major scripting, of which this is a good example. Alternatively yes, you should place a plane at an airport which is configured right so that planes take off on their own and give a 'seek and destroy' or 'hold' or 'guard' waypoint to the plane at the desired location. You might also want to set it's combatMode to red. Planes should attack any vehicles on their own tho if they spot them.

I'm not sure what you mean with having limited time, but if you mean you want your choppers to be on standby at a nearby location and come pick up wounded men and take them to base, it's just as complicated. Waypoints work to a certain degree but they are useless for repeated action. You should really read a tutorial on this, we can't offer the help real editing sites can ;)

Ragman

Post by Ragman » 2006-04-03 13:23:57

thx anyway but when i download a addon or something there's always some sqs.files there do i use them or???

MI_Fred
1st Lt

Post by MI_Fred » 2006-04-03 14:00:23

I don't think we have any medevac or airstrike scripts implemented within the mod.
Don't you think the user should customize such for his own needs, automation can do only so little unless you spend as much time on it as we've spent on this mod.

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (OFP)”