VTE Napalm and other shameful questions

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for OFP

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Jez

VTE Napalm and other shameful questions

Post by Jez » 2006-03-05 23:02:21

Hey guys, I'm sorry if this is another one of those "I'm new to scripting and I'm going to ask you the same old questions all over again" things but I'm really struggling to make airstrikes work in VTE (not that I could make 'em work in general ofp either).

I have some fairly basic questions.

1.Where should .sqs files be stored to make them executable?
2.Is it possible to make a soldier fire on a captive unit at a specific waypoint (I tried typing in the activation field of the waypoint (soldier dofire captive having named the units soldier and captive respectively?
3.Could someone give me a step by step reply on how to implement Napalm strikes using the VTE F5(Napalm) by clicking on the map to designate the target area?

Cheers guys

Snake_Man

Re: VTE Napalm and other shameful questions

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-03-06 02:59:55

1.Where should .sqs files be stored to make them executable?
Mission dir.
2.Is it possible to make a soldier fire on a captive unit at a specific waypoint
Not sure on that one.
3.Could someone give me a step by step reply on how to implement Napalm strikes using the VTE F5(Napalm) by clicking on the map to designate the target area?
We hope to add example airstrike demo missions on the upcoming release(s). That example should cover it just fine, which you could use in your own missions then.

dan_ick.uk

Post by dan_ick.uk » 2006-03-06 03:39:57

Hi jez,

For shooting a captive,Just put a man from the opposite side down for your captive,give him a name then in his init field type:- this setcaptive true ,then when you get to the waypoint where you want him to be shot,just type in the waypoints on activ:- captivesname setcaptive false.You may still have to use the dofire command im not sure,cant remember.

If you cant get it to work or iam misunderstanding the question sorry and jus let us know :-/.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Jez

Post by Jez » 2006-03-06 22:34:18

Nice one guys! The setcaptive thing worked nicely.

Look forward to your tutorial, would be great if it had an editable example mission with the .sqs files and .sqm files as I find this to be the easiest way to learn.

One last thing, does anyone have the unit list for VTE (as in the equivelant for "Laserguidedbombunit")?

Cheers

(By the way you can email me if it makes things easier at jeremyhickson@hotmail.com)

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-03-07 04:34:32

does anyone have the unit list for VTE
Its on the readme x_vte_open_beta_11-03-05.txt text file.

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (OFP)”