Jefferson Airplane or Buffalo Springfield?

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for OFP

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

MACV_SOG
Recruit

Jefferson Airplane or Buffalo Springfield?

Post by MACV_SOG » 2005-11-20 16:14:39

I think there's a bug with one song (band) name. It should be Buffalo Springfield - Stop Children What's That Sound not Jefferson Airplane. If I'm wrong correct me.

Polish_GI
2nd Lt

Re: Jefferson Airplane or Buffalo Springfield?

Post by Polish_GI » 2005-11-20 18:17:55

Buffalo Springfield, 1967 I think...

.pablo.
Recruit

Post by .pablo. » 2005-11-20 20:57:03

the band is Buffalo Springfield, and the name of the song is "For What It's Worth"
"When in doubt, empty the magazine." -Murphy's Laws of Combat

Hawkins
Recruit

Post by Hawkins » 2005-11-21 15:54:38

Actually, IIRC, the year was 1966... ;)
Hawkins
The Footsoldier
Operation Flashpoint team Finlanders

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-11-22 02:43:29

So the band name is wrong AND the song name is wrong?

I have now changed it to "Buffalo Springfield - Stop Children What's That Sound", but I guess the classname and song name needs to be changed too if its wrong.

Polish_GI
2nd Lt

Post by Polish_GI » 2005-11-22 03:46:35

Hawkins
Recruit

Post by Hawkins » 2005-11-22 06:41:19

On the two sites I checked it was -66... Ah well that's not a big thing. If the classname is changed, then all missions that currently use that track won't play it anymore, so is it really that important? As long as the name is correct in the list, it's fine by me.
Hawkins
The Footsoldier
Operation Flashpoint team Finlanders

Polish_GI
2nd Lt

Post by Polish_GI » 2005-11-22 06:48:38

On the two sites I checked it was -66... Ah well that's not a big thing. If the classname is changed, then all missions that currently use that track won't play it anymore, so is it really that important? As long as the name is correct in the list, it's fine by me.
I do not think it is all that important. Honestly, I believe a lot of people know the song by the lyrics, "Stop Children What's That Sound" as opposed to For What It Is Worth! At least from my experiences. Not sure it pays to change it as you know the song when you read the current title.

Polish_GI
2nd Lt

Post by Polish_GI » 2005-11-22 07:00:05

On the two sites I checked it was -66...
;)

http://lyrical.nl/song/18992
http://members.tripod.com/~ffhiker/index-3.html
This site above states that the song was #7 on the Top Chart on Feb 18, 1967

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/buffalo_s ... /bio.jhtml
Buffalo Springfield wasn't together long -- they were an active outfit for just over two years, between 1967 and 1968 --but every one of their three albums was noteworthy. Their debut, including their sole big hit (Stills' "For What It's Worth"), established them as the best folk-rock band in the land barring the Byrds, though Springfield was a bit more folk and country oriented. Again, their second album found the group expanding their folk-rock base into tough hard rock and psychedelic orchestration, resulting in their best record. The group was blessed with three idiosyncratic, talented songwriters in Stills, Young, and Furay (the last of whom didn't begin writing until the second LP) yet they also had strong and often conflicting egos, particularly Stills and Young. The group, who held almost infinite promise, rearranged their lineup several times, Young leaving the group for periods and Palmer fighting deportation, until disbanding in 1968. Their final album clearly shows the group fragmenting into solo directions.

Eventually, the inter-personal tensions and creative battles led to a perhaps inevitable split, starting with Young's departure for a solo career. He would later reunite with Stephen Stills in Crosby, Stills, & Nash, joining the trio once a decade for various projects. In addition to CSN, Stills released solo albums and worked with a nother band, Manassas. Initially, Jim Messina and Richie Furay stayed together, forming the country-rock group Poco, but Messina left after three albums to team up in a duo with Kenny Loggins. Furay himself left Poco and teamed with Chris Hillman and JD Souther in the Souther Hillman Furay Band before pursuing a solo career. Rumors of a Buffalo Springfield reunion circulated for years -- Young even hinted at it with the song "Buffalo Springfield Again" -- but it never materialized. ~ Richie Unterberger & Stephen Thomas Erlewine, All Music Guide

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/buffalo_s ... lbum.jhtml
Your guess is as good as mine!  It says For What It Is Worth is Track-1, album release date is Jan 1, 1967.  Who knows...

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (OFP)”