[help] I think I messed somewhere, bu where ?

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for OFP

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

stach

[help] I think I messed somewhere, bu where ?

Post by stach » 2005-11-04 23:00:37

I installed the mod as per said in the readme, ran the skyinstall batch ... put the required addons in the x_vte/addons folder, in the x_vte root folder, in the initial game Addons folder ... and created a shortcut to FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE with the options -mod=x_vte -nomap .
Everytime I try and run the game, the menu screen shows me this error : "no entry config.cpp/CfgWeapon.JAM_AKM", and then any attempt to run any single mission fails. The campaigns hang up the game, and when I try to toy with the mission editor and load a VTE unit, I get the error "no entry .modelSpecial"
I think I messed up with the required addons, but I have zero clue if the problem comes from the JAM mod or the place where I put them. Could anyone help me please ?

Snake_Man

Re: [help] I think I messed somewhere, bu where ?

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-11-05 01:05:26

Do you understand what the VTE_Required_Addons-01.jpg picture means?

Do you have these following directories on your OFP dir?
<ofpdir>/x_vte/addons
<ofpdir>/x_vte/bin
<ofpdir>/x_vte/campaigns
<ofpdir>/x_vte/dta

If not, then something has failed in your installation.

DrStrangelove

Post by DrStrangelove » 2005-11-05 08:04:19

I think you don't have JAM2 or 3 installed. If you have, you might use the older version JAM1 or you didn't install it in the AddOns folder. (all JAM_*.pbo files go into the AddOns folder, so it's not that hard really)

:) hope that helps

Steel
Recruit

Post by Steel » 2005-11-05 17:36:39

i put the required addons in the x_vte/addons folder. i practice this with all mods to keep them self contained. this keeps my stock install stock and i don't have to worry about messing it up and reinstalling. i may end up with a few duplicate files, but disk space is relatively cheap nowadays...

if you have put the required addons somewhere else, i suggest moving them there (x_vtw/addons).

i also use jam3, works just great as it is backwards compatible with jam2. if you want to be sure, use the jam version suggested by the vte team.

see if that helps. otherwise you may be in for a reinstall as who knows what is in your operation flashpoint/addons folder...
Helmut "Steel" Fritz
Wings of Fury, XO

stach

Post by stach » 2005-11-05 20:59:39

see if that helps. otherwise you may be in for a reinstall as who knows what is in your operation flashpoint/addons folder...
And you won the day : while I was busy calculating at work, I suddenly remembered that some mods may conflict. I just did a clean reinstall, and it works like a charm - I did understood the readme right, but the other mods on my HD didn't ;) Maybe we should create on this forum a sticky "troubleshooting - how to make vte work" ?
It reminds me a bit of Falcon 4 - so many mods you ended up installing during days, with conflicting mods ... The ransom of success I guess.

Thanks all for the help

Steel
Recruit

Post by Steel » 2005-11-07 03:14:06

glad you are up and running. this is our groups favorite thing right now. we had 7 folks on last night playing coop... some frustrations with some missions, but it is a very cool mod...
Helmut "Steel" Fritz
Wings of Fury, XO

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (OFP)”