Weapon Jams

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for OFP

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Polish_GI
2nd Lt

Weapon Jams

Post by Polish_GI » 2005-10-26 00:14:22

What about having weapon jams?  Now, I will be the first to say that I would not be excited about this feature, but it is a part of life on the battlefield.  Is there something we can include that would case a random jam in any weapon, fixed by a simple 'R' (reload) command?  Just enough to cause a second or two delay?  Not necessarily cause the weapon to break, but just misfire?  1 in 10000 rounds or something like that...

Thoughts?

charon
Recruit

Re: Weapon Jams

Post by charon » 2005-10-26 13:40:33

What about having weapon jams? Now, I will be the first to say that I would not be excited about this feature, but it is a part of life on the battlefield. Is there something we can include that would case a random jam in any weapon, fixed by a simple 'R' (reload) command? Just enough to cause a second or two delay? Not necessarily cause the weapon to break, but just misfire? 1 in 10000 rounds or something like that...

Thoughts?
I like the idea,
could be done with a script that checks the ammo of the player
and a random function that determines when the jam is happening.
Either reload or just take away the magazine for a few seconds.

Charon

Polish_GI
2nd Lt

Re: Weapon Jams

Post by Polish_GI » 2005-10-26 15:28:05

Cool, so it is possible...  I have no idea how to do it, but just thinking out loud...

Maybe have it as a feature that you can turn on or off like the features in ECP?

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (OFP)”