PT-76 Strength

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for OFP

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Polish_GI
2nd Lt

PT-76 Strength

Post by Polish_GI » 2005-10-24 21:02:33

Has anyone else noticed this potential issue?

While playing around with the Lang Vei SF Camp, I had mulitple PT-76s attacking at night.  Running around with a LAW, it took me, on average, three hits to destroy a PT-76.  I find this to be tough to accept as this tank was amphibious, which means light armor.  

So I want to open this up for discussion.  Should it require three hits to destroy a PT-76?  Haven't even got to the recoilless rifle yet or how many times it takes to destroy the PT-76.  I wondering if two hits would be more appropriate.  You hear stories of LAW rockets taking the turret off of a PT-76 in a single shot.  Thoughts?

So I guess the big picture question is, are we "sound" with the current VTE: 1) vehicle armor ratings, and 2) anti tank weapon damage ratings?

Snake_Man

Re: PT-76 Strength

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-10-24 21:57:55

Get me the real world facts on LAW / Recoilless thingy against the vehicles and I'll edit them into VTE. Also I want to make the LAW to be fire and drop weapon, meaning no reloading, I assume this is how it operates in the real world.

Polish_GI
2nd Lt

Post by Polish_GI » 2005-10-24 22:02:49

Get me the real world facts on LAW / Recoilless thingy against the vehicles and I'll edit them into VTE. Also I want to make the LAW to be fire and drop weapon, meaning no reloading, I assume this is how it operates in the real world.
This is true, it is a single shot and discard, but that would not be as much fun!  I love running around with three of them!  ;)  Might me a good addition to a possible external 'mount' to your "rucksack" addition???

I will pull up any AT weapon ballistics and vehicle armor ratings later today and forward them for review.

Steel
Recruit

Post by Steel » 2005-10-25 04:41:15

how about using the CAVS project? it is becoming fairly popular in the community...

http://203.96.151.15/ofpnz/ofsi_frames.htm

LAW should be shoot and drop. that is real world. most folks that packed LAWs would strap one onto the top of their ruck under the straps...or at least the extra one. it shoud still count as cargo 'space' 'cause you still carried the weight, and when it comes to ammo it is about weight and not space available.
Helmut "Steel" Fritz
Wings of Fury, XO

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (OFP)”