update link?

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for OFP

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Steel
Recruit

update link?

Post by Steel » 2005-10-18 20:31:34

can the link to the forums on the main web page be updated for the new forum URL? thx.
Helmut "Steel" Fritz
Wings of Fury, XO

Snake_Man

Re: update link?

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-10-18 23:43:51

Heh yeah in time. I'm still looking for the Ikonboard and possibility to change for that, so that again would mean another link change :)

I am already pissed off for this yabb 2.0 because every time my IP changes, this software asks my password again, very very painful. Not to mentio the fact that there is no New Posts button anywhere.... But anyways offtopic here, better to continue on the News areas forum softwares topic(s).

Steel
Recruit

Post by Steel » 2005-10-19 17:39:11

i have been running phpBB for years, i am pretty sure it does not do that...
Helmut "Steel" Fritz
Wings of Fury, XO

Steel
Recruit

Post by Steel » 2005-10-19 17:48:27

here are a couple of potential fixes:

The other option is to turn off Session ID security in the forum. This is done by unchecking Admin Centre -> Flood/Session Security -> Activate Session ID's.

2. Disable the session protection. This will also fix the 'always stay logged in issue', but it will lower overall security a bit. To diable this protection for everyone but admin, get the fixed load.pl file from this thread: http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB ... 1118681633 (See my post at the end of the page)

of course i do not run a YaBB so you are on your own, but i think that is along the right path...
Helmut "Steel" Fritz
Wings of Fury, XO

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (OFP)”