missing files? And weapons accuracy

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for OFP

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Lt_Parker

missing files? And weapons accuracy

Post by Lt_Parker » 2005-10-12 19:31:32

there seems to be a file missing on every mission startup, "bn_tracers123" can someone please please get me bn_tracers 1.23? Also I think because of this missing file the weapons accuracy seems to be off please help. Awesome mod best I have seen please help me fix this probelm. I thought vte uses the most up to date bn_tracers880? But it would seem vte needs bn_tracers1.23?

Snake_Man

Re: missing files? And weapons accuracy

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-10-13 00:41:43

VTE uses Bn880 tracers v1.24 which addon tag is the "bn_tracers123", download it and you'll be okay.

Polish_GI
2nd Lt

Post by Polish_GI » 2005-10-13 00:49:02

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-10-13 04:28:23

Oh forgot to mention that all VTE missions that has the bn880 tracer addon missing error will be fixed for the next release.

Doolittle

Post by Doolittle » 2005-10-16 06:42:07

I have patch #2 in and I'm getting "Cannot load mission, missing addon vte_weapons". How can I get rid of this message??

BTE, I think the Enfield Soldier has bad ammo.

Doolittle

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-10-16 06:54:04

I have patch #2 in and I'm getting "Cannot load mission, missing addon vte_weapons".
Can you please list what missions give you this error?
How can I get rid of this message?
You can add that line in the addOns[]={ "vte_weapons" }; part.
BTE, I think the Enfield Soldier has bad ammo.
I think I just fixed that. Can you re-check the soldier name which has wrong ammo?

Marc

Post by Marc » 2005-10-18 08:52:37

Absolutely great Mod with nice stuff to stand a mission! But I have same question concerning the Weapon-accuracy. Some time it is very hard to hit the enemy. I can imagine, that the weapons used in the field are no Match-weapons hitting a fly on 300 ft, but as I said, some time I needed 1 Magazine to hit one enemy. I knew it from 6 years of service, that e. g. our rifles which used for the firing range was also not the best, they had an virtual aiming-point like all "normal" combat-weapons, but you had a chance to hit the target, once you found out where this virtual aiming-point was. So I think, in this Mod the weapons spread a bit too much. :-[

But please dont mind, this make this great work not bad. Looking forward to see more of this good work in the future and kind
regards

Marc ;)

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-10-18 09:05:17

So I think, in this Mod the weapons spread a bit too much.
VTE uses the standard JAM HD magazines, these are "industry standard" nowadays, what I understand reading the forums is most of the people do like them.

It has to be 1-shot 1-kill, but you first have to hit the target, thats what is so cool about the OFP HD configuration.

Polish_GI
2nd Lt

Post by Polish_GI » 2005-10-18 18:14:45

Firing an M-16/CAR-15 is more accurate than the AK-47.  I find, from my own experiences, that full auto is pointless unless you absolutely require it.  Burst fire is best or single shot is better yet.  Back to accuracy, I have found it more challenging to hit someone with the AK than the M-16.  As we all know, the M-16 was far more accurate than the AK-47.  Primarily due to the way both weapons were built and constructed.  Each had their strength and weaknesses.  So what's my point, no sure, but it is tough to hit, the jury is still out with respect to whether or not it is accurate for me.  Having fired an actual M-16 and owning an AK-47, I can attribute to both having strengths and weaknesses.

I assume that the JAM weapons are incorporating the realism that both weapons bring to the table?  It was not uncommon to drop ten magazines in a firefight hoping that it will buy you enough time to get the #$&* out of Dodge City...

Steel
Recruit

Post by Steel » 2005-10-18 20:21:34

from the JAM readme:

High Dispersion
In the above example we have allowed the weapon to use two types of
magazines. The first "JAM_W556_30Bmag" is the standard dispersion
magazine, the next, "JAM_W556_30BHDmag" is the equivalent magazine but
coded with a higher dispersion level. The high dispersion makes it harder to
hit targets (both for AI and humans) and allows for more prolonged firefights,
more near misses and adds a lot to the atmosphere in a mission.

so it prolongs firefights, but can be frustrating at times... i believe the other alternative is that AI are uber-accurate. :(
Helmut "Steel" Fritz
Wings of Fury, XO

Hawkins
Recruit

Post by Hawkins » 2005-10-19 05:42:32

We've been talking about adding the option to choose eithe HD or non-HD, which would mean more classnames to the units list, and more groups. We might consider it, and we might add it. Time will tell. :)
Hawkins
The Footsoldier
Operation Flashpoint team Finlanders

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (OFP)”