How do you call in artillery aupport?

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for OFP

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

bigstone
1st Lt

How do you call in artillery aupport?

Post by bigstone » 2007-07-04 01:47:14

What are the exact steps to call in artillery support? :?

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-07-04 08:29:29

In the missions that have CoC UA support, usually it means that you grab the radio from the table, unless you have radio operator in your team (and I think the mission configured properly). Then just use the action menu to bring UA online.

You'll find UA in PMC NAM 1965, PMC NAM SEAL campaigns and in couple of single missions too (at least PMC NAM Command #1 and #2).
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

bigstone
1st Lt

Post by bigstone » 2007-08-14 19:52:45

Snake Man wrote:In the missions that have CoC UA support, usually it means that you grab the radio from the table, unless you have radio operator in your team (and I think the mission configured properly). Then just use the action menu to bring UA online.

You'll find UA in PMC NAM 1965, PMC NAM SEAL campaigns and in couple of single missions too (at least PMC NAM Command #1 and #2).
When building a mission how do you add artillery support? Also when a artillery unit is available how exactly do you make the officer a squad to call for artillery support? One more thing when you add a artillery unit as a group what action should I place when I use the waypoint option for that unit?

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-08-15 09:54:06

bigstone wrote:When building a mission how do you add artillery support?
By placing the arty units, CoC obelisk and giving radio (or the init line thing) for some unit(s).
Also when a artillery unit is available how exactly do you make the officer a squad to call for artillery support?
By using the radio if player is the officer. By scripts I mentioned in the other topic if its AI.
when you add a artillery unit as a group what action should I place when I use the waypoint option for that unit?
No waypoints.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

bigstone
1st Lt

Post by bigstone » 2007-08-16 03:51:30

Snake Man wrote:
bigstone wrote:When building a mission how do you add artillery support?
By placing the arty units, CoC obelisk and giving radio (or the init line thing) for some unit(s).
Also when a artillery unit is available how exactly do you make the officer a squad to call for artillery support?
By using the radio if player is the officer. By scripts I mentioned in the other topic if its AI.
when you add a artillery unit as a group what action should I place when I use the waypoint option for that unit?
No waypoints.
How do you make the officer use the radio?

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-08-16 05:17:55

I have been trying to accomodate all your questions, but the CoC UA usage has nothing to do with VTE so now I have to do RTFM for you and ask you to read the CoC manuals/readmes so you learn how to use the basic UA in your missions.

After reading the mentioned, if you have some specific questions which relate to VTE artillery, feel free to ask.

PMC since 1984

bigstone
1st Lt

Post by bigstone » 2007-08-16 05:23:02

Snake Man wrote:I have been trying to accomodate all your questions, but the CoC UA usage has nothing to do with VTE so now I have to do RTFM for you and ask you to read the CoC manuals/readmes so you learn how to use the basic UA in your missions.

After reading the mentioned, if you have some specific questions which relate to VTE artillery, feel free to ask.
Sorry Thank you

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (OFP)”