vte_v1.3.11_06-02-11 Report

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA 2

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Nebelwerfer
Recruit
Gaming Interests: ArmA and ArmA 2.

vte_v1.3.11_06-02-11 Report

Post by Nebelwerfer » 2011-06-03 10:30:51

Heya Snake, great job getting out a further update of VTE. I went in the server (Uptime 11 hours 36 minutes) and did a little poking around for a while here's what I found:

- M113 is too lightweight, it flips over on sharp turns, bobs back and forth drastically when changing speed.
- No available illumination rounds for 80mm mortars and M79 (I bring this up since the mission was night and I could see three feet in front of myself at US start point) Illum fire mission would be good for mortars and howitzers.
On the flipside, at VC/NVA start point its very bright due to some huge fire at a distance that looks like a 2km radius, when I finally crossed out of the light radius, it was instantly black just like US base, walking back 20meters did not restore the light.
-When checking game stats, I was unable to close the statbox, it went away after a while, im not sure if it was from opening and closing the map or timed.
-Both US and VC/NVA can call air strikes, 80mm, and arty in the map screen
-AK47 and SKS sound exactly the same despite different caliber of round, barrel length, action, semi vs full
-Love the SKS!!!! Beautiful model!
-The RPG-2 seems to be like vanilla Arma2 rockets, no ballistic arc at all

That's what I found in the small space of time I was on. I'm sorry Snake, my last assessment you're not gonna like....
All the old OFP textures and objects need to go. The combination of the old OFP objects and new Arma2 DX10 grass and stuff is beating the ever-living-shit out of my Nvidia 8800. Regular Arma2 and OA dont do this, the only thing I can attest this to is the old stuff that has been ported over. Check out the Lingor Island and Berghoff's African Foliage, maybe the devs for those projects will allow you to lift some of their vegetation.

With that said, I say again, great work man! I love the mod and the missions. I really hope you can get some help with textures, I'm sure that would simplify things for you. If I had even an inkling of knowledge in the area of texturing and modeling I would help out but I don't. I guess I will remain a lowly tester, not that I mind that.

Tested on:
AMD X6 1055T 2.8Ghz
4GB 1600Mhz DDR3
Nvidia 8800 GT OC'd 512MB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
launched with Arma 2 Laumcher
max mem 2048, 6 cores enabled, with elevated process priority

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: vte_v1.3.11_06-02-11 Report

Post by Snake Man » 2011-06-03 11:50:47

Nebelwerfer wrote:No available illumination rounds for 80mm mortars and M79
There is flares for all grenade launchers, stock soldier gear don't have these of course. If you expect a night mission, you need to add ammo box or place them into soldiers gear on init line or else where.
On the flipside, at VC/NVA start point its very bright due to some huge fire at a distance that looks like a 2km radius, when I finally crossed out of the light radius, it was instantly black just like US base, walking back 20meters did not restore the light.
That is known ArmA 2 engine multiplayer JIP bug, nothing to do with VTE.
-When checking game stats, I was unable to close the statbox, it went away after a while, im not sure if it was from opening and closing the map or timed.
First of all I don't even know what mission are you talking about, but the persistent mission normally running in our server has just hintSilent as debug dialog which only shows up from radio call, then its uncontrollable by player and disappears after some seconds. On one of our early persistent missions which only was running once in this past week, there is constant looping debug window which you can turn on/off with radio. But I have no idea which mission you played so...
-Both US and VC/NVA can call air strikes, 80mm, and arty in the map screen
Yep mission feature, the mission is only tested as BLUFOR side now, maybe later it will be tweaked for OPFOR too.
All the old OFP textures and objects need to go.
Check out the Lingor Island and Berghoff's African Foliage, maybe the devs for those projects will allow you to lift some of their vegetation.
As I said earlier, I have no need to use sahrani palms and banana trees.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

blackuscatus
Gaming Interests: ArmA 2 (Armed Assault 2)
Editing Interests: Missions

Post by blackuscatus » 2011-06-03 14:22:50

Hi Snake Man, thanks a lot for the ongoing work!

My 5 cents:

1) Cambodian Mercs w/ Mosin rifle (all Mosins in game?): no optics on the model, but a Mil-dot sight is shown when the sights are used.
2) Gunner seat in Phantoms: camera clips through the cabin canopy.
3) Phantoms in A/G variant have a Japanese flag decal on their tail and proper USAF markings on wings. Not sure if it is intentional, but looks a bit weird to me.
4) On the Meekong Delta terrain there's a village floating high above the ground (like when there were issues with piers and bridges), just seen it flying past in a chopper, will try to report more precise location.
Upd: it's to the east from the Bau Trai SF Base (057 066)

Nebelwerfer
Recruit

Post by Nebelwerfer » 2011-06-04 00:55:37

The mission that was running on the server is the mission that I played, I figured you were testing the persistent mission for duration so I didn't change it. There weren't ammo boxes around blufor starting area so I couldn't load from an ammo box, if there was one it was too dark to find.

Nebelwerfer
Recruit

Post by Nebelwerfer » 2011-06-12 23:44:59

Hiya! Really fun testing session this weekend! Everything seems pretty good to go Snakeman, I have a couple of nitpicky things that arent critical to the release and maybe you can fix them or not... not too terribly important.

1. There are 4 different MAC 10s - they all recoil about the same and their rate of fire is too slow. The ones with the buttstock should not recoil like the ones without. The ones that are suppressed should recoil less than the ones that are not. The large suppressor on the MAC10 tends to balance the weapon out and of course the butt stock would make the weapon more controllable.

here's a cool link of a full auto MAC with no attachments check out how fast it fires and how high it kicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCNsVDlL ... re=related

2. Just that little proxy issue on the huey slick right gunner seat with the gunner clipping into the engine compartment.

3. Slow reloads on that one map, you said running_speed config or something, I'm sure you're looking at that one already but I thought I'd post to remind you just in case ;-) meh sorry, you fixed this already

horror
Recruit
Editing Interests: Missions

Post by horror » 2011-06-14 14:29:49

there is a bug with the aircraft wrecks.
when vehicles get destroyed the wrecks simple sink into the ground.

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA 2)”