Road Rebuilder on the fritz

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Vernon

Road Rebuilder on the fritz

Post by Vernon » 2004-12-08 05:59:09

I made some small adjustments to one road section next to a bridge and then ran the rebuild tool to refit the pieces. When I did this the road curved all around and looks nothing like it did before.

I then tried doing this with a road just after building it and the same weird curvy road was the result. If I delete road sections from the weird curvy road, it adjusts correctly when I hit rebuild again.

Am I missing some simple but essential step when running the rebuild tool?

Ahh... a lovely winding road. Just needs some minor adjustment because I moved the piece next to the bridge a couple of feet:

Okey dokey. Select the road in road tool, hit rebuild, and... OH NO! What has happened?

If you are from the Northwestern United States you may have noticed that this map is based on the Mt. St. Helens area. Here's a wide-angle shot taken above Spirit Lake. The sun is about to set behind Harry's Ridge:

Planetscape
Recruit

Re: Road Rebuilder on the fritz

Post by Planetscape » 2004-12-08 07:18:26

Can't help you out with the road thing, but oh my, what a wonderful map you have there :o Mount Saint Helens! That looks awsome ;) Keep up the great work!
Imagination is a handy companion which can bring originality and stupidity.

rvirding
Recruit

Re: Road Rebuilder on the fritz

Post by rvirding » 2005-01-03 11:43:43

I have also found that the road rebuilder doesn't work and do it by hand now using the following method:

1. Find a suitable place in the existing road to start the new section.
2. Add the new section leaving the old in place. This makes it easier to connect.
3. Remove the old superfluous section. N.B. This can be difficult as the road doesn't always indicate the section you would expect it to.

This works well althought there can be some juggling at the end to make the sections fit together.