Last ArmA VTE release underway

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Last ArmA VTE release underway

Post by Snake Man » 2009-11-06 14:40:44

Last ArmA VTE release is now under development, after this release we port VTE to ArmA 2.

I actually did few edits some time ago already, but officially today was the day when I rolled up my sleeves and started to go through the bugs list for final alpha and fixing some stuff.

My main focus is that because this is final release for ArmA and most likely there will be nobody pretty much playing it or at least reporting bugs... I want it to be bug free so it will be cool final release. So I try my best to stay away from "stupid" edits, edits that are done just because you can, not because you should.

There will be new things like the itim_tuko's CZM trucks and my satellite texture upgrade for all the terrains. Other than that, I'll try to not add new stuff. I only fix specific bugs and even those try to do it that they certainly wont cause other bugs to appear somewhere else.

I'm looking forward to edit the satellite textures, because its kind of fun, its very cool to get rid of the stupid user who cant read readmes CTD bug reports finally... and also to see how many GIGABYTES the final version will be because of the satellites massive sizes :)

We are living historical time gentlemen... the last VTE release for Armed Assault is getting near. Its been long road from the moment granQ posted VTE, first step into ArmA topic in summer of 2007. VTE has grown from the ugly BIS retexture junk into high performance massive game play value Vietnam mod. I could not be more proud of it as I am right now.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

T_Rex
FreeFalcon

Re: Last ArmA VTE release underway

Post by T_Rex » 2009-11-06 15:03:27

BTW, don't know if you already have this, but I was talking to my USAF Vietnam vet uncle last night. He said that, when flying his O-1, he would have a grenade launcher with him. :) Much better than his pistol....
Sic Semper tyrannosauro.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2009-11-06 15:52:02

Maybe we'll put M79 to the window so it works as "turret" for passenger? :)
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Uglyboy
2nd Lt
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2 and OFP.
Editing Interests: Modeling

Post by Uglyboy » 2009-11-07 16:02:41

Snake Man wrote:Maybe we'll put M79 to the window so it works as "turret" for passenger? :)
i want to sit in the side :mrgreen:

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA)”