VTE Installation Guide - old

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Aussie Dave
Recruit

VTE Installation Guide - old

Post by Aussie Dave » 2007-11-14 09:29:41

There has been some questions about how to install VTE, first we must emphasize that it is not any way related to VTE that its difficult to install, this is generic ArmA installation question. VTE is mod like everything else and all MOD installation questions would work here. But anyways, lets begin.

When you first open your ArmA dir COULD look like this. What we mean by could, is that your ArmA can be installed on various directories, the most common would be the lame C:\Program Files\ which is windows default directory.

When you double click the downloaded vte file (check latest from here), winrar pops up and shows you screen something like this:

Click the button Extract To and browse to your ArmA directory and make sure its selected/highlighted, now click OK and Winrar unpacks VTE into the ArmA dir.

After you have unpacked (it takes some time even on faster machines, its after all big rar packet) the VTE download, your OFP directory should look like this:

Notice how winrar created vte/ directory there.

All right, now browse into the vte dir and it should look like this:

Now download these hotfix's: hotfix 2, hotfix 3, hotfix 4.

To install the hotfix's do this:

1) unrar the hotfix 2 into the "vte" dir, execute the runme.bat file.
2) unrar the hotfix 3 into the "vte" dir, execute the runme.bat file.
3) unrar the hotfix 4 into the "vte" dir, execute the runme.bat file.
Done!

Now grab those required addons that VTE needs to run: CoC Command Engine + Network Services.

To install the addons do this:

1) unrar the CoC_CEX_0_86.zip into the "vte" dir.

Now make a desktop short cut: after the target line ArmA.EXE write there -nosplash -mod=DBE1;vte

Last edited by Aussie Dave on 2007-11-23 12:42:09, edited 1 time in total.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-11-14 10:18:52

Hey that was great install help, thanks for putting it together. Now we have up to date topic which we can link to anyone having problems with the ArmA VTE + hotfixes.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

hanky
Recruit

Post by hanky » 2007-11-14 15:20:37

Mind if I write this into the readme pdf? You will of course receive credit. It is better than my guide.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-11-14 15:36:28

Of course this installation instruction goes old the moment we release the next full install as it then needs new links and there is no hotfixes right away. But I'm sure there will be hotfixes lateron.

As I said before, perhaps changelogs and this kind of ever changing information at this point would better suit in some readme "addenum" etc file. Yeah we should have install instructions in the big PDF manual, but it should say that "for up to date instructions please check readme-<release_name>.txt" or something like that.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

hanky
Recruit

Post by hanky » 2007-11-14 15:54:49

Oh yeah I have already stated throughout the manual that most of the information will change as we release new versions. This IS only at a pre-alpha state I do not consider anything set in stone. I plan to update the PDF with new library information and any new information as time goes on.

Aussie Dave
Recruit

Post by Aussie Dave » 2007-11-15 00:24:29

Snake Man wrote:Hey that was great install help, thanks for putting it together. Now we have up to date topic which we can link to anyone having problems with the ArmA VTE + hotfixes.
Add to it as near the end i started to shorten what i was planing to do.

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA)”