VTE Brown Water

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

anzacsas
Major

VTE Brown Water

Post by anzacsas » 2007-10-10 18:22:31

Hi dudes Steve Here,

Plz see editing Section for instructions.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-10 19:48:20

That looks real nice, except we need to remove or dramatically reduce the transparency of the water, I mean its brown because you cannot see through it ;)

We cant even see far as swimming soldiers body, it has to be that murky water.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

anzacsas
Major

Post by anzacsas » 2007-10-17 10:35:10

i have playing with different settings and get that effect(cant see soldiers body) but the sacafice is it looks like the brown watermod in OFP. It looks like just a brown texture instead of the water.The clartiy of the water around the soldiers body half submerged is what gives you that new game engine look and feel of water instead of the old way of just usng a texture as water.If you experiment with the last value in the ambient or diffuse parameters you can very easily turn the strenght of the color p or down . i have found around the 0.85 is about the max strengt h(depending on which color you are using) before it starts to look a bit more like a texture and not water.

Most Riverwater is colored by the river bottom it runs on.

with a Brown mud river bottom these settings i would expect take on a whole different look.Which is when the brown waters will look best.The game these watercolors came from all ran a specific riverbottom textures ranging from sand,mud to a dark purple/blackish texture o set off the water colors and make them seem deeper in richness.

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA)”