Part 2 missions

Campaign using BIS standard units

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake_Man

Part 2 missions

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-01-25 06:24:52

Just to let you guys know... even though this poor site looks (and frankly is) dead, we are creating the part 2 missions. Today I'm working on mission number 42 - noname (sorry, that dont even have name yet heh). So far it looks rather good, I'm happy with it.

The fight for Everon continues, soon we will need YOUR help to free the island!

Snake_Man

Re: Part 2 missions

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-01-30 21:52:30

We are hot

Right now the 47 mission has been completed in the basic parts (beta testing and voices are missing). Looking good so far, who knows what goodies we can put together if we keep this pace up :)

And there is even one good "weird PMC style" mission idea to be used... so if you guys liked the part 1, I believe the part 2 will keep at least some interest up ;)

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-02-08 16:10:11

Dont want to reveal any "plot" here, but if anyone could give me some tactical information of how to insert into a target which is on a difficult to reach high hillside terrain?

For example I'm planning on using paradrop insertion which is fast and easy, but... like if you remember the Hospital Madness mission, is that in anyway a realistic approach?

Come to think of it, what kind of Army operative would want to get inserted INSIDE a enemy base with parachute? ;)

Isn't HALO drops made into a assumed safe areas and such?

Another choice is a helicopter (or even truck) insertion to safer more lower altitudes, then the soldiers would need to hike rather long way into the target area, yet not totally bad idea but somehow I have a feel for more aggressive approach.

I tried to look into fastrope/rapelling scripts, but they all are using allowdammage (which is not supported since v1.10) and are no good for player itself. Fastrope/rapelling would be very nice touch.

Any ideas guys?

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-02-16 12:52:58

Just wanted to give another update on the Part 2 mission editing, latest mission finished (without sounds + beta testing) was number 53. Sad thing is that I'm really running out of ideas here, seems like the last few missions I've made has taken more time to thought the idea than editing itself.

Mozart (PMC) is currently testing the missions 32 -> 46 and so far I've only heard good comments. The guy is sucking up to me, the missions cant all be good ;)

And yes, voice overs for radio comms is very much needed and we will give out some limited beta testing for you guys lateron when the whole Part 2 Everon war is completed.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-03-03 04:08:03

Another update... been out of ideas for few days now, last completed mission is number 56 now, we are looking the end very near but these last few missions are extremely difficult for me to put together as I have no good ideas.

But we'll get there...

Tor

Post by Tor » 2002-03-18 23:33:31

I loved you first campaign. I found it to be much better than Red Hammer and on line with Cold War Crisis. It's by far the best unofficial addon made to this day (miles a head of Between the Lines). I actually found the computer voice funny - "great balls of fire" hehe ;D

When you say that you are at mission 42 and 47 is that including the original first 31?

Or have you actually made 47 new missions?? :o

When will PMC Fury 2 be released?

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-04-04 22:44:37

Cannot believe I neglected to reply here also :)

Its not 47 new missions, its mission numbers from 31 up to 56. So we have 25 Brand New PMC Fury missions.

And to give another update for the "Part 2" progress, I have now created the final mission. After I use my lame skills to create small cutscenes for the new missions, they are ready for beta testing.

The hard part is now over, aah yeaah!
Last edited by Snake_Man on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-04-07 10:21:14

Part 2 intro cutscenes are coming up slowly, it should not be more than day or two until the package is ready for beta testing.

Still we are in desperate need for voice actors so the radio comms would sound good. The sounds make essential part of the game feeling and it would be shame to put out the full final campaign with the paraben text2voice sounds or no sound at all (another possibility I've been thinking).

If anyone feels he can sound more or less good in english speaking, please contact us here or email flashpoint@nekromantix.com

Thank you