Night Mission Crashes?

Campaign using BIS standard units

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Hamburglar

Night Mission Crashes?

Post by Hamburglar » 2003-03-19 23:48:39

Hi, I just bought Resistance a few days ago and I DL'd the PMC campaign because I've been waiting to try it. I did the first few missions with no problems, but the night mission where you're supposed to guard the airport ALWAYS crashes on me.

It comes right after the third mission which is just you watching reinforcements come in. But in the mission where the Russians attack at night all that happens is the guys run around for awhile and then like 15-20 minutes in the whole game crashes to desktop every time.

If anyone has any ideas on why this is happening let me know. Or, could someone email me their campaign file or whatever and I can just revert it to the mission right after this one that keeps crashing. My email is bry105@psu.edu

Thanks

Skulleye

Re: Night Mission Crashes?

Post by Skulleye » 2003-06-04 20:34:56

I didn't see any answers to this so i thought maybe it would work if I bump it up a little :)
I downloaded the pack with both the new and the old part of the PMC Fury campaign.
I'm really enjoying it so far, but I have the same problem as Hamburglar.
My leader go to the south end of the base and lie down there for a bit. Then he goes north after telling me to disengage. It's just that when we got there, he told me to "target man" and a target marker "none" appeared. After I had looked around for this man for a while, the game crashed to desktop.

When I played again to see if it happened again, we were killed in an explosion before we got there. The thing is that this time I also got thrown back to the desktop. It has (almost) never happened to me before with any other missions/campaigns. I wonder if it's something with this campaign, or if it's just my computer/OFP installation.

I hope that was nough information. i really want to play this campaign, and it seems very good so far. Looking forward to a reply. Thanks  :)

EDIT: By the way, I downloaded this zip file, I think it's the newest version: PMC_Fury_v1.0b.r15.zip
Last edited by Skulleye on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-06-04 22:30:51

I ran the same v1.0b r15 version of the campaign (but the Night Watch mission havent changed in ages), it took me 6 minutes to complete the mission successfully, no crashing.

OFP is v1.91 of course.

Skulleye

Post by Skulleye » 2003-06-05 12:01:03

I also have 1.91 so I don't see any difference. Maybe it just happned two times :)
I'll try again later today and post my results here..

Skulleye

Post by Skulleye » 2003-06-07 17:34:54

Still the same problem, only this time we got a little further. He told me to engage the the "none" target a couple of times more, then he ran into the woods and stood still there. And then it crashed to desktop again :(

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-06-07 20:57:02

I have uploaded v1.0b rev16 of the campaign, this should fix the only cause of CTD I found on the mission.

Let me know how ot plays out, hopefully no crashing anymore.

Skulleye

Post by Skulleye » 2003-06-07 22:42:22

Yes! It worked now :)
This time we never ran to the north of the airport, but remained in the south. And then the "all ruskies dead"-message appeared and the mission ended.
Thank you so much! It's good that you provide so much support. I can't wait to continue on the campaign. It willl probably keep me busy for weeks, maybe months with that many missions :)

Btw, I ws watching the cutscene for the next mission that comes right after finishing the Night Watch mission, and the helicopters that were flying crashed and fell to the ground. I doubt that was supposed to happen since it says in the briefing for the next mission that it is such a fine day :)
Just thought you'd like to know.

Thanks for all the help :D

EDIT: About the helicopters craching, it didn't happen the second time i watched it. Maybe just a/an (whichever it is) one-time bug.

broughladen

Post by broughladen » 2004-05-05 15:46:03

i have a problem with this mission not ending, i kill all the spetz netz soldiers and stuff and go back to the camp fire. i have game of the year edition version 1.91. any help please.

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2004-05-10 00:29:18

i have a problem with this mission not ending, i kill all the spetz netz soldiers and stuff and go back to the camp fire. i have game of the year edition version 1.91. any help please.
yes. this bug is listed in rev20 bugz, it was fixed in rev16 but has been broken through all releases since then.

snake appears busy on other campaign projects, and has not responded (yet) to the latest bug reportz for pmc fury.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2004-05-10 15:30:49

Yeah I assume this mission uses a ending victory condition from the spetznatz waypoints or something like that, if they are killed or NOT killed, that effects the mission.

I'll do my best to fix this mission when I get around to it. I'll try to fix it once and for all then, trust me :)

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2004-05-12 04:18:23

[quote]Yeah I assume this mission uses a ending victory condition from the spetznatz waypoints or something like that, if they are killed or NOT killed, that effects the mission.

quote]

only you would know. in some releases, killing spetz b4 they blow the tanks was a show stopper in other releases they didn't seem to affect the outcome and it had more to do with escaping soldiers from the enemy squad in the south. It is rare indeed to find this squad they generaly get stopped by your other base support troops, but, some revs, sometimes, they end up all over the place with wierd target-none commands. So, all in all, i don't _think_ it's just a spetz issue because you've been there, dun that, at rev 13 and 15. I wouldn't know, can only report as a player perspective.

joekidds
Recruit

Post by joekidds » 2004-05-15 17:54:17

well you could unpbo the campaign and put it in the mission editor and take a look at it...
I uploaded the PMC Fury Radio voices, missions 1-53! get it here: http://www.freewebs.com/joekidds/pmcfuryradio1-11.rar (11mb)

VTE moddb profile:
http://mods.moddb.com/5240/