Afghanistan theater v0.3 has been released!

Afghanistan theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Afghanistan theater v0.3 has been released!

Post by Snake Man » 2007-12-21 12:48:17

PMC Afghanistan Theater v0.3

larger image

PMC Afghanistan Theater release for Falcon 4 Allied Force and RedViper and Open Falcon. This version comes with full exe installer which has been fixed for the AF only users too.

Changelog

Code: Select all

--- bugs
- campaign fictional iran still gives CTD after exit.
- PAK map not perfect (outlines are bit off).
- rivers all over the place, and they seemed very wet. 
- some 3d objects appeared like fata morganas on runway 
- faulty Airport. Name of this Airport is "Udhampur" 
- bridge tiles are bit offset (bridge is not sitting on water)

--- fixes v0.3
- RV enduring freedom campaign CTD at start, fixed.
- RV user interface missing (maps/flags/etc), fixed.
- RV UI lcktxtrc.irc theater strings tweaked.
- AF UI missing theater label, fixed.
- installer fails on AF only systems, fixed.

Install

Delete any and all old Afghanistan theater installs. Read the readme in the release rar. Run the PMC_Afghanistan_Theater_v0.3.exe file and choose either RV/OF or AF install depending on your Falcon version. Remember that the installation takes a long time to complete and is extremely heavy on the system, be prepared not to do anything on the background and to reboot your computer after the install is complete.

Done!

Feedback

We are looking for bug reports and feedback, if you are interested of helping to edit this theater, just let us know, we will welcome any and all help being it research, bug testing or actual editing. Report all bugs into the Afghanistan v0.3 bug reports topic.

We will answer all your questions and then some. If you do not have account in PMC Tactical, you need to email me so I can create one for you (new user registrations disallowed because of too many spammers). Email me to pmc at pmctactical dot org address.

And finally the readme:

Code: Select all

Falcon 4 - PMC Afghanistan Theater

v0.3 released December 21st, 2007.

User Interface (UI) for all falcon versions added. OF even has the background image for main screen and campaign. The fictional Iran campaign will crash on exit, terrain tiles are still the old ones, terrain tiling has quite some errors where most worst is bridges completely in wrong positions (ground unit movement is NOT guaranteed).

Having said all that above, the theater is still enjoyable to fly, I have flown many OCA and SEAD Strike missions against Khandahar in Enduring Freedom campaign, damn those pesky SA-2's in there. I havent had any CTD's in 3d with AF so far (I have tested mostly with AF since its so easy to do add package without waiting for interesting mission).

Changelog

--- bugs
- campaign fictional iran still gives CTD after exit.
- PAK map not perfect (outlines are bit off).
- rivers all over the place, and they seemed very wet. 
- some 3d objects appeared like fata morganas on runway 
- faulty Airport. Name of this Airport is "Udhampur" 
- bridge tiles are bit offset (bridge is not sitting on water)

--- fixes v0.3
- RV enduring freedom campaign CTD at start, fixed.
- RV user interface missing (maps/flags/etc), fixed.
- RV UI lcktxtrc.irc theater strings tweaked.
- AF UI missing theater label, fixed.
- installer fails on AF only systems, fixed.

Install

1) Run the PMC_Afghanistan_Theater_v0.3.exe and choose RV/OF or AF.

Done!

If you're AF only user, this installer has been now fixed and works ok.

Please take a notice that the LxNormalFix utility is very heavy on your computer, it will cause approx 780mb memory usage so if you're short on memory get prepared for very heavy swapping by win. Its most likely you cant do anything else while the installer run and then you have to reboot your computer. Also if you install to RV or OF there is additional SeasonSwitcher which takes long time to run also.

We are looking for bug reports and feedback. More details can be found at PMC Tactical forums in this theater area where all bug reports should be posted.

We will answer all your questions and then some in the forum. If you do not have account in there, you need to email me so I can create one for you (new user registrations disallowed because of too many spammers). Email me to spam-me address or contact me at Frugals or FreeFalcon forums.

December 21st, 2007.
http://www.pmctactical.org
PMC Tactical 
Snake Man, PMC.
Download PMC_Afghanistan_Theater_v0.3.rar - 82.7mb
Mirror 1: twaelti 1
Mirror 2: twaelti 2
Mirrors - coming soon
(Thanks to Couby, Twaelti and everyone for hosting)
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Mago

Post by Mago » 2007-12-23 12:57:55

Hi All !

For this and the others thaters we have upload a new mirros at

www.amvi.it

in download/falcon area

you r free to link the site

vekkinho

Post by vekkinho » 2007-12-28 16:04:57

Cool theater I DL-ed it last night and I'll give it a try in few minutes.

I play OF4.5 and I had no issues during installation, everything went smooth and fast. However, since I play OF4.5 I tune my radio (UHF/VHF) manualy so looks like I'll have some problems checking in with ATC.

So the question would be does anyone know where can I download TACAN and Radio channels list for blue ABs in Afghanistan?!

Thank Yous!

Vekkinho

derStef
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Terrains

Post by derStef » 2007-12-28 17:02:17

vekkinho wrote: So the question would be does anyone know where can I download TACAN and Radio channels list for blue ABs in Afghanistan?!
i don't think that something like that still exists. the theater is on a too early stage for that, i think.
cheers
Stef

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: Afghanistan theater v0.3 has been released!

Post by ccc » 2009-06-15 15:15:19

Thanks to Pheonix711 for converting another map.. for Afghanstan.

my bad, i can not place/scale the border line layer right on the map correctly, so the national border lines are off. the bad file is dropped.

hmm.. the map work better leave to true expert :wink:

PS- even so, the buggy map with national border, still help in identifing where i am!