Campign mod question

Falcon 4 general discussion (please no editing discussion)

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

i_hawk
2nd Lt

Campign mod question

Post by i_hawk » 2007-02-18 22:27:49

OK that's the story:

I took the old Israeli campaign and modified it. basically i added more stuff to the trigger file so the campaign has more sense and probably can be won\lost as opposed to previous campaign which had probably impossible conditions. i also modified the PAK areas, added some more priority targets\cities and used them in the campaign PAK map in the sim as high value...

Now trouble is I've noticed a strange thing while flying some missions:

My F-16I squad got always BAI or CAS missions. no AA missions. and more strange, i noticed enemy flights are no more carrying AA only munitions but always with AG munitions.

My suspicion is that all ACs in the campaign which capeable are running much more AG\CAS\BAI missions than AA missions.

Now this is for sure no ATO trouble as with the campaign before the mod i get mostly AA missions with same settings on sliders. i basically in both cases setting sliders so AA missions are highest priority as enemy ACs are all over Israel at least for the first day.

The point is after i investegated some of this before posting here:

Seems like the campaign changes in trigger file and PAK settings are making ATO generating mostly BAI\CAS missions. and not only for my squad but for all squads in campaign. with same sliders but different campaign (old before mod) i get mostly AA missions, as should.

With modified campaign i started to get AA missions only when taking the CAS\BAI and target sliders back all the way to the left...

Anyone know how come?
G-byte Nforce3 ultra,AMD 64 bit 3000+ 939 OC'ed to 2.25GHz, 1024MB 400 MHz CL 2.5 on dual channel , RADEON 9800 pro

Peled
F4ITDG

Post by Peled » 2007-02-20 09:49:58

Hi Yoni

i got back to Israel yesterday after 2 weeks in the "Yellow Country" :)

basically , you can set up any Squadron Speciallity by going to Tacedit -Squad page , see , None-wich means both A/A or A/G , A/A or A/G .

Now - i think it doesn't belongs to trigger or pak files , well not directly.. .

A/A , any air superiority in a campaign depend on the Ground movements of the enemy side ...large amount of any A/A missions would'nt set up 'till any serious ground movement will ocure , i guess you know that .

set up events for the enemy to capture objectives , set up some brigades near the float to Capture (you can tacedit it : Go Unit--Ground page -Order-Capture) So there will be many movements there , then a side will do lot of CAS and then you will see some more A/A as Barcaps or DCA ....just a theory that is proved .

the more A/A missions will be generated then by the ATO , usually after 2-3 hrs.....i hope i understood your case....
F4ITDG-Israeli Theater Development Group (retired) .

i_hawk
2nd Lt

Post by i_hawk » 2007-02-20 11:15:37

Thanx Eyran... I'm thinking it might be because of the fact that i used HART sites close to the border in the trigger file to affect offensive\defensive acts... you know "Mutsavim"... thought it to be realistic... but i assume i'd better use only the cities fall\regain stuff like seen in your trigger files and in Bird's post around here. i want to see if that would help.

Thanx a lot :)
G-byte Nforce3 ultra,AMD 64 bit 3000+ 939 OC'ed to 2.25GHz, 1024MB 400 MHz CL 2.5 on dual channel , RADEON 9800 pro

Return to “Falcon 4 General”