"Air mobile" mission in campaign

Falcon 4 general discussion (please no editing discussion)

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Couby
1st Lt

"Air mobile" mission in campaign

Post by Couby » 2006-12-25 22:39:49

Working on some campaigns I have some litle questions about air mobile missions :oops: .

Is it possible to make the campaign engine generating "air mobile" mission ?

If yes how can we control the ratio between airlift and air mobile missions if it is possible also ? :)

Couby
1st Lt

Post by Couby » 2006-12-26 19:55:47

No idea ? :cry:

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Sherlock » 2006-12-26 20:07:41

Couby wrote:No idea ? :cry:
Couby,
to the best of my knowledge you are breaking unknown ground here. I know that using TacEdit you can put in up to 10 initial events in the campaign file. Dunno if this would apply to Air Mobile missions or not.

However, if you are trying to get some units to appear at a place after the campaign starts an alternative method that I know will work is the reinforcement action.

Good Luck!
Sherlock
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2006-12-26 20:08:45

I have no idea. I assume airmobile missions are helicopters (UH60 Blackhawks or CH47 Chinooks) transferring infantry squads, I think I saw some screenshots/war storys back in the good old times about helos inserting troops.

That would be cool to see or control, but I just don't know anything about airmobiles.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Couby
1st Lt

Post by Couby » 2006-12-26 21:55:42

Actually we are using "Air mobile" missions to move ground units in Force on Force engagement based on TE with online plannification (if you don't know about this type of game I can developp :wink: ). We can effectively use it with helos but also with tactical aircrafts (like C-130, C-5...).

So for human vs human online TE plannification, there is no problem. Except that for engagements lasting more than one day, it requires to get humans in order to built the ATOs...

At the moment we are working to extend this type of engagement to light human vs human campaigns. For engagements at a week scale.
What is interesting in campaigns is that the campaign engine is automaticaly building the ATO. It doesn't prevent our taskers to rework the ATO, and help to get a continuous battle even if taskers are sleeping :lol: .
The problem is that in campaign mode, our human taskers can't generate new missions (with Falcon4 original), so they can't generate "air mobile" missions. And our problem is that the campaign engine doesn't generate any air mobile missions. Even if we can modify an airlift mission so that there is a pickup planned at a point and an airdrop at another, it is not possible to assign a unit to pick up...
I hope that getting the campaign engine generating air mobile mission, we would have the possibility to reassign the unit to pick up. But precisely here is the problem. The campaign engine doesn't generate any air mobile missions :(.
It's a bit like if it was generating only air-air missions to a recce squadron...

The interest in HvsH of air mobile missions is very high, cos it gives a lot of possibilities in the tactical and strategic fields with high mobility for ground forces...

Peled
F4ITDG

Re: "Air mobile" mission in campaign

Post by Peled » 2006-12-27 09:41:16

Couby wrote:Working on some campaigns I have some litle questions about air mobile missions :oops: .
Is it possible to make the campaign engine generating "air mobile" mission ? If yes how can we control the ratio between airlift and air mobile missions if it is possible also ? :)
Some more Tips for Air Mobiles Flights :

Air Mobiles missions are generated together with Air Lift missions .

That depended the Hellos that you'r useing in your Campaign .
I found that some Hellos will generate/Fly only Air- Lift missions and some will Fly/Generate Air- Mobiles missions to transport Troops to the FLOT's .Some will generate both , as The Cheenuk CH47 and Sikorsky or Yassu'r and Super Frelons .

what i would suggest is to locate Air Assaults Units far from the FLOT's , Locate brigades (Not Battalions !) of Air -Assaults Units , in the "Unit Properties"/Unit Flags window in Tacedit , you must check the Following Boxes for them : Parent & Assigned ...and in the "Ground Page " you must give the "Orders" Assault.....if you missed these , you probably won't get any Air- Mobiles missions .

Infantry Unit Do not generate Air Mobiles missions , just Air Assaults Units and it prefered to assign Brigades and not Battalions since Brigades act different and better hirarchy then Single Battalions in a Campaign , that's a fact .

For the Hellos , you must check the Boxes /Flags : Parent and Cargo ...if you want they'll Fly for Air Mobiles .

probably simple Tips , but without these Boxes in the mentioned Unit Properties Window you won't get any Air Mobiles missions .

btw : SAR Missions are generated automatically once you ask for Resque .

i hope it helped , work for me fine in a 128x Theater as well .....

sometimes you need to wait a while for some Air Mobiles missions to be Generated by the Campain Engine .

Trigger file is not controlling any Air Mobiles missions , there is no such command .
But you can set some triggers as : to capture some Key Objs and the ATO Will generate Air Mobiles missions if the Air Assaults are far from the FLOT and the Infantries can not reach the Targets .
F4ITDG-Israeli Theater Development Group (retired) .

Couby
1st Lt

Post by Couby » 2006-12-27 09:58:48

Excellent !!!!

Thank you very much for this answer Peled :).

I'll take a look to all this and try to get what I'm looking for with that. Thanks a lot again :).

I'll report the results of my attempts of course ;), maybe in one or two weeks :).

Peled
F4ITDG

Post by Peled » 2006-12-27 10:08:14

Couby wrote: Thank you very much for this answer Peled :).
You welcome !
Couby wrote: I'll take a look to all this and try to get what I'm looking for with that.
Btw: i hope you'r useing Tcl's for Ground units , that will let you locate large amount of Air Mobiles in a short time :wink:

Couby
1st Lt

Post by Couby » 2006-12-27 10:27:45

Peled wrote:
Couby wrote: Btw: i hope you'r useing Tcl's for Ground units , that will let you locate large amount of Air Mobiles in a short time :wink:
I would say I'm initiated to Tcl :oops: . I made a script to export/import units from a TE here : http://www.veaf.org/veaf_forums/index.php?topic=3816.0 (sorry if explanations are in french). I did it in order to merge tactical situations prepared by multiple teams before launching a team vs team engagement, what is bugged in TacEdit...
Yet I'm far to be an expert in Tcl...
What do you mean by "locating large amount of Air Mobiles" ? :oops:

Peled
F4ITDG

Post by Peled » 2006-12-27 10:49:55

i mean with the Tcl code you can locate even 2500 Units in a minute of One click ...while if you do locate Ground Units manually , it'll take you few months maybe for that amount....

PM me your email address , i will send you a basic Tcl of mine for ground Units , that will generate about 2500 Units with Brigades and Divisions automatically .
you'll need to change the values to the Units according to your theater scenari ofcourse ...

You do know how it works yeh ?

lets say if the ClassID in Tacedit for an Armored Brigada is 186 , then you translate it to less 100 for TCL line eg.
# brigade type
set brgtype 86

etc.

each TCL Ground Unit code is less 100 then the ClassID for that Unit in Tacedit .
when you'll get that TCL you'll figure out quickly what i mean.....

btw : i need a password to enter your forum link :lol:
i dunno about that buggy you mentioned.....

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2006-12-27 15:14:29

Peled wrote:SAR Missions are generated automatically once you ask for Resque
Really, what can you tell me about their operations, did you observe them in 2d campaign screen or in 3d inflight? What did they actually do, what units (Blackhawks or) did the SAR pickups etc?
Couby wrote:I would say I'm initiated to Tcl
Don't be, its quite easy when you take a look at the various example files our site has to offer. Search the forums, there is TCL Corner in the theater tools which has lot of features described.

Also take a look at PMC Korean Campaigns from our download page, it includes the tcl files used to create the actual campaigns.

And if you have any questions, feel free to post but use the TCL related topic for it, lets keep this one for airmobile missions.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Peled
F4ITDG

Post by Peled » 2006-12-27 15:25:34

Snake Man wrote:
Peled wrote:SAR Missions are generated automatically once you ask for Resque
Really, what can you tell me about their operations, did you observe them in 2d campaign screen or in 3d inflight? What did they actually do, what units (Blackhawks or) did the SAR pickups etc?
both 2D & 3D World .
i believe that in the 3D world it's more interesting .
Just called for a Resque and then "SAR Package is enroute" have been announced , after rolling the flyble A/C's in the Campaign i could see them Flying , nothing special....

No , i don't think a Pick Up is coded ....never seen that ....

Yass'ur CH53 , Super Frelons and Sikorsky are used to do that in my Campaigns ---Israeli Theater ITO2 .

Couby
1st Lt

Post by Couby » 2007-01-03 21:18:02

Back from holidays :).

My apologies for the link, it should work now. If more about this topic we can resume in one dedicated to tcl scripts...
I'm sending you my mail adress Peled ;).

Peled
F4ITDG

Post by Peled » 2007-01-03 22:10:52

Hi couby
there's a dedicated TCL Thread here i think :

viewtopic.php?t=20773&highlight=tcl

and there are more on this subject ....

i got your email , thanks , tho i will not be able to send you 'till Friday when i am back home .

hope you enjoyed the holidays there .

cya soon ..... :wink:

Peled
F4ITDG

Post by Peled » 2007-01-07 00:44:57

@ Couby - i sent you a PM with that Tcl scripts linked at Yousendit , sorry , i can not access my mailBox from where i am Now .

Contact me if any questions or issues according Tcl .

Have a Nice weekend there .

Peled .

Epic
2nd Lt

Air mobile

Post by Epic » 2007-01-15 21:32:05

Couby/Peled

Have you had any luck with Air Mobile in TE's creating them offline and using them online MP? I have noticed that they test fine when I am in the 2d world, but require a server or human to remain in the 2d world for them to work. It may be the only way I can get troops to a certain location at a certain time in an MP TE. Any tips in addition to above would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Epic

Peled
F4ITDG

Post by Peled » 2007-01-16 10:41:03

Sorry , last time i was in MP was 2 years ago ....

i do not have much time now for MP Testing....

never heard about that issue....

offline all seems to be ok with them , here , 2D/3D World eighter .

Couby
1st Lt

Re: Air mobile

Post by Couby » 2007-01-16 20:43:05

Epic wrote:Couby/Peled

Have you had any luck with Air Mobile in TE's creating them offline and using them online MP? I have noticed that they test fine when I am in the 2d world, but require a server or human to remain in the 2d world for them to work. It may be the only way I can get troops to a certain location at a certain time in an MP TE. Any tips in addition to above would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Epic
I remember to have already use it to had a litle bit of surprise in some scenarios in moving some SAM units (what is not realy how it should be used) this way. But damn, I can't remember with which exe :? , MP5-1 maybe...

I'll make some tests soon. A bit busy these days, and I'll have two move for works during two weeks. So I'll keep you advised in two weeks except if someon did it before me ;).

Epic
2nd Lt

Airmobile

Post by Epic » 2007-01-19 05:08:28

Couby

From the tests I have done I can successfully get the UH-60 Blackhawks to Airmobile battalions with a server hosting the TE. It works offline in 2d mode, but not well in 3d mode (hit and miss). I found that in a TE, the brigade technique was not successful and may have something to do with picking up a unit with a different name than the unit its dropping off. I believe with the other TacEdit modifications mentioned above all the helicopters will perform Airmobile, but I have not verified that.

Thanks for the help,

Epic

Couby
1st Lt

Post by Couby » 2007-02-21 22:50:06

I succeeded in getting Air Mobile missions very easily with choppers via air cavalery units. But no way to get some with airlift squadrons for me :(.

I noticed in F4Browse that air cavalery units have a big part of tactic missions, while some airlift units like C-130 for exemple have 10% for tactic missions assignements, and 90% for airlift.
But even if there is no chopper, my C-130 don't do the air mobile mission that in the same situation a Chinnok will do.

I tried to change via F4Browse a C-130 air unit characteritics giving 100% tactic and no airlift. The result : no change.

So my question is how can I built an air cavalery unit with C-130 or C-5 ?
ImageImage

Return to “Falcon 4 General”