Ships (Naval) Orders- Tacedit Codes

Falcon 4 general discussion (please no editing discussion)

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Peled
F4ITDG

Ships (Naval) Orders- Tacedit Codes

Post by Peled » 2006-12-06 01:02:00

i would like to know what the Order# for a Navy Unit is mean in Tacedit ?
For a "Navy Unit" There are 3 Pages : Base Object page , Unit Properties ,Navy Page--->
Click on the Navy Page and you'll see 2 Boxes : Orders & Supply wich is set to a Default of 100.
Now---what is that Value in the Orders means pls ?
Is that used Numbers(1-10 values) same as For the "Ground Page" for a Battalion ?
i mean orders like :
1 Air Defence
2 Airborn
3 Assault
4 Capture
5 Commando
6 Defend
7 Radar Ops
8 Recon
9 Repair
10 Reserve

So for Navy units i guess that only 4,6,10 values can be setted ? :mad:

probably a Mystery 'till thses days....huh ?

Thanks in advance !

Peled .
F4ITDG-Israeli Theater Development Group (retired) .

Peled
F4ITDG

Post by Peled » 2006-12-08 06:19:25

Does anyone got Naval scenari in his theatre at all ?
.......anyone ?...
F4ITDG-Israeli Theater Development Group (retired) .

phoenix
Recruit

Post by phoenix » 2007-03-22 01:03:11

Hmm,

Have tried everything to get more of a naval war in the overall engine but after 2 days of flute-ing about with the properties and variables in both the browser and tacedit it remains a mystery as to how these ships can be given waypoints or tied into a supply system :)

Wouldve liked to have had the subs bombard groundforces or static targets like airbases but its a nono by the looks of things.

The ships do move around and will engage aircraft if under threat but i dougt the cargoships actually supply anything when they reach a port and i cant get subs or ships to engage each other.

FF\RV seems to have the most powerful naval force and all of the military patrolboats\ships\ect are armed and working but cargoships,tankers and subs would prolly need some major tweaking to really fit them into the roles they would play ina real wartime scenerio...

Suppose the devs wouldve done it by now if it was possible but that said if any1 comes across infos on how these things could be done it would be a great addition to the Theaters...

Im throwin the towel in on this for the moment but hopefully some1 out there might be able to enhance it in the future :)

Return to “Falcon 4 General”