F4UT agreement with G2I

Falcon 4 general discussion (please no editing discussion)

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ccc
Chief of Staff

F4UT agreement with G2I

Post by ccc » 2001-09-01 11:22:00

http://www.haulingiron.com/articles/200 ... eement.htm

hmm..confused..it seems my non-US/ROK/DPRK/PRC/CIS-related toys wont be included in F4superPAK, neither do this pack going to support non-korea theaters other than Korea..merely make them switchable in UI screens, thats all? :mad:

Washout
LeadPursuit

Re: F4UT agreement with G2I

Post by Washout » 2001-09-01 12:01:00

Hi CCC

I can say categorically that integration of as many weapons/theatres/cockpits and other addons as possible will be integrated into the SuperPAK project.

I think the statement from which your confusion arises is merely to place priority on Korea but rest assured we are discussing ways of making as many mods available as we can. The idea is that we enable a proper modular approach to the Korean theatre/weapons etc so that we can then give a standard set of requirements to other mod developers to integrate their products into the UI without the need for complicated f4patching.

Hope that clears that up for you.

Later

Chris "Washout" Carter
F4 SuperPAK Management
CO: The Vulture Squadron

PS. Have you asked to join the Devlopment team? I for one would like to see you there.
Chris "Washout" Carter
F4 Balkans Terrain Team

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2001-09-01 14:14:00

thanx Chris,

if SP's priority is Korea, then i can do nothing for it. My target is supporting other non-korea theaters, and the only thing i like to spend my very limited free hours.

ccc

Washout
LeadPursuit

Post by Washout » 2001-09-01 15:13:00

Hi CCC

Perhaps I should elaborate on current plans in the SuperPAK at the moment:

We are looking at adding as many weapons/aircraft/ships/theatres etc as we are provided with (I'll call them entities from now on) into an expandable master database. The theory is that theatre creators (and I'm still one of them ;)) essentially filter the required entities for their desired era/location. A good example is we have pretty much all the F16 variants in the master entity database but as a theatre developer I only use say the Block 40/42 for Desert Storm.

One of the key priorities is to put as much modularity back into the sim as this IMO was the core design goal of the VU2 engine but MPS screwed it up with a non-modular (or half modular at best) User Interface.

Not surprising that Jerry (I hope) will be a key player in this work.

I guess the bottom line is that we are not excluding anybody's work and because the agreement mentions Korea specifically it doesn't get any special favours other than it was the default theatre shipped with Falcon4.

Hope that helps.

Chris "Washout" Carter
F4SuperPAK Management

I think you have to ask yourself whether I would have got involved in SuperPAK if I was going to have to place the Balkans at the bottom of my priorites ;)
Chris "Washout" Carter
F4 Balkans Terrain Team

araquael
Recruit

Post by araquael » 2001-09-01 19:41:00

Gotta love that goal. I shall send as many positive vibes your way as possible. I am very much looking forward to being able to sit down to Falcon and deciding, hmm, do I want to fly Desert Storm tonight, or the Second Korean War, or perhaps fight over Bosnia.

That would keep me amused until LO:MAC and FV comes out.

:-)

Gavin

Return to “Falcon 4 General”