Splitting hairs...

Nevada theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

psb

Splitting hairs...

Post by psb » 2002-11-24 05:48:00

This is about as petty of a complaint as I can imagine, but this bugs me none the less. Of all the theaters I have instaled, only Nevada has a cruddy looking theater badge in the UI. it looks like spray painted graphitti over the Korea badge and mis spells Nevada, too. It just looks terribly out of place in this rather well polished sim.

I have read as much as I can stand on how to create theaters, but I cant seem to find the one magic instruction that tells me how to make this one change. I'd be glad to make a decent looking theater badge, if only I had the knowledge to implement it. Help would be appreciated.

PSB

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Splitting hairs...

Post by Snake Man » 2002-11-24 07:44:00

I'm the one to blame for that, I apologese ;)

Its located on <FALCONDIR>\terrdata\theaterdefinition\ directory, its called nevada.tga

I'd be very appreciative if you would send the new theater selection UI badge for me too so it can be implemented into the next Nevada release. Just email it to nospam

Also thank you very much for reporting this AND eventually offering to DO SOMETHING about it. Very cool.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

psb

Post by psb » 2002-11-24 16:14:00

I'm on it!

Thank you for the pointer and it would figure that it was that easy. I assumed it was burried in one of the texture databases. This makes things much easier.

PSB

psb

Post by psb » 2002-11-27 01:33:00

Well, I have a lot of canidates but I have some technical problems. My photo editor saves .tga files in 24bit, 300x375, 75dpi but the file size is wrong. I need to have 220k files and I am ending up with 330k files. are these files color indexed or something? when I check the properties of the stock art, they are 330K memory, 220K disk. My files are 330K memory, 330k disk. There is something amiss and I do not know what. I am not an expert in graphics formats, so I need help.

Yes, I have tried these fat files in f4 and they are scrambled. It looks like each progressive line is shifted over from the last. The file size and this behaviour would imply some extra bit (bytes) of unwanted data.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2002-11-27 02:07:00

quote:Originally posted by psb:
My photo editor saves .tga files in 24bit, 300x375, 75dpi
It should be 300x375 resolution with 16bit color.

Try to download the free PaintShopPro from the web, it saves TGA's to 16bit.

Or you can simply email the image(s) you've made to me, then I'll convert them to 16bit.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

psb

Post by psb » 2002-11-27 02:11:00

Wierd! The properties of the stock art report to be as I have stated. I will mail them to you. You can judge, convert or send me back to the drawing board. I fuly expect you to reject them back with a note about your preferences, included. Look them over, see which one is going in the right direction and tell me what you would like to see.

PSB