Vietnam patch problem

Vietnam theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Test Pilot

Vietnam patch problem

Post by Test Pilot » 2001-03-17 03:22:00

Can anyone help? I did a new install of F4. I did the 1.08us patch, then the 108i2 patch, then the F4 patch.exe(expanded). I ran the vietnam theatre download and it shows up as an option in the theater folder on F4patch. When I try to apply the theatre I get this message "Failed to apply patch Vietnam Theater -- File mismatch. C:\MicroProse\Falcon4\F4Patch\terrain\campaign\save\strings.idx does not match C:\MICROPROSE\FALCON4\F4Patch\orig\strings.idx.orig or C:\MICROPROSE\FALCON4\F4Patch\vietnam\new\strings.idx.
Applied patch Vietnam skin pack 1968-72."
Can anyone help me get this running! I also downloaded the phantom cockpits and put them into ckptart. Is this where they belong and how do I select them? Can someone walk me through this step by step from install to running the vietnam campaign so I can get this running. Any help would be appreciated.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Vietnam patch problem

Post by Snake Man » 2001-03-17 03:41:00

quote:Originally posted by Test Pilot:
"Failed to apply patch Vietnam Theater -- File mismatch. C:\MicroProse\Falcon4\F4Patch\terrain\campaign\save\strings.idx does not match C:\MICROPROSE\FALCON4\F4Patch\orig\strings.idx.orig or C:\MICROPROSE\FALCON4\F4Patch\vietnam\new\strings.idx.
Applied patch Vietnam skin pack 1968-72."
Well I have just done pretty much the same thing, fresh Falcon 4 install, 1.08 US, F4Patch v3.2.2 Expanded, Vietnam v0.4 install -- it works fine.

So its basically hard to say, try uninstalling vietnam and then reinstalling it.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Test Pilot

Post by Test Pilot » 2001-03-17 04:03:00

Where do you put the ckpt art for the phantom in order to use it in the vietnam campaign. Also, when you run the vietnam install what folder do you put the info that is generated into?

Test Pilot

Post by Test Pilot » 2001-03-17 04:31:00

Okay, got it working and even the cockpits. How do I get to fly the phantom. I still have an f-16 skin even though I have the theatre skins patch checked

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2001-03-17 04:54:00

quote:Originally posted by Test Pilot:
How do I get to fly the phantom.
You need to activate the fly/task any plane patch and then just select F-4E squadron from the Campaign.

Btw download the new Campaign update. The link can be found on the v0.4 area.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."