Vietnam corrupts my Korean campaign

Vietnam theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Vietnam corrupts my Korean campaign

Post by Guest » 2000-11-21 18:23:00

The Vietnam theater corrupts my Campaign/save file. Even with the backup (theater switch back to Korea, restoring the backup save file), there is a problem. In my current campaign I'm relocated to Seoul base, when I look the map, Seoul airport is now on the sea (introduction map, before entering in the campaign). However I try to fly a mission an then in the second cadran F4 freezes.

I know that you do your best, but I'm not happy with this issue. I don't have this kind of problem with Balkan theater.
The first thing you have to insure before releasing a theater is that no corruption is possible. I can see now that some files have been copied in Korea/files directory and that i can't restore my current campaign. No I'M NOT HAPPY.

Re: Vietnam corrupts my Korean campaign

Post by Guest » 2000-11-21 18:54:00

It works fine on my system

The first thing you have to insure before instaling a theater is that you know what you're doing, you feel alot less unhappy.

If you have backed up you`re X:/Microprose/Falcon4/campaign/save
directory put it back manually(copy/past).

ifnot.......

Post by Guest » 2000-11-21 19:00:00

Well which case is it, do you have Vietnam terrain selected and Korean objects, or Korean terrain and Vietnam objects?

If you cant restore your campaign by backupping falcondir\campaign\Save - then you have something weird going on in your machine...
At least my computer understands if I delete files and replace them with new ones :)

You have to understand that in Falcon the terrain and the objects are two different things not really relating to each other. You could have airbases in the sea and Falcon still works ok like there is nothing wrong. Check out the above mentioned terrain vs objects and you'll be much closer to fixing this problem of yours.

PMC TFW
Snake Man

Post by Guest » 2000-11-21 22:09:00

Balkan theater is working fine.
For Korean I even don't have access to a new campaign, considering the map, the situation of the airport it is clear that it is campaign of Vietnam which is available when I select a new Korean campaign.
Having examine the path of some unzipped file provided in Vietnam theater beta zip, it is clear that some files are unzipped in the Korean/files directory. How can you say that this has not an impact on Korean campaign?
If i choose a mission from my saved campaign (all Campaign/save files has been deleted and the backup reinstalled),or a mission from a new campaign, the loading process is stopped in the second quadrant.
I repeat Balkan theater is working fine. How can you explain all this facts without considering a corruption of Korean files by Vietnam theater?

Post by Guest » 2000-11-21 22:41:00

> the situation of the airport it is clear
> that it is campaign of Vietnam which is
> available when I select a new Korean > campaign.

Then you have Vietnam theater's save?.cam files in the campaign\Save directory.

> Having examine the path of some unzipped
> file provided in Vietnam theater beta zip,
> it is clear that some files
> are unzipped in the Korean/files directory.
> How can you say that this has not an impact
> on Korean campaign?

Because none of those files are copied to campaign\Save directory.

> How can you explain all this facts without
> considering a corruption of
> Korean files by Vietnam theater?

Because none of the Vietnam files corrupt Korean files. Why would we have put them there in the first place if they did corrupt the korean theater?

You have had just bad luck, as I never encountered this loading pie hung myself.

PMC TFW
Snake Man

Post by Guest » 2000-11-22 21:19:00

I don't know if it can help, but in fact when i loaded my save campaign (2nd campaign, day 3, 7h28 with C6team 3.50 us patch and relocation base activated), everything seemed correct. At 7h30 i've got the message that my squadron was relocated to Seoul airbase. From this time, launching a mission freezed F4 at the second quadrant and localisation of Seoul on the introduction map was inacurate...
Anyway, bad luck...