To Snake Man and all!

Vietnam theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Xanix
Recruit

To Snake Man and all!

Post by Xanix » 2001-07-04 23:22:00

Hi. I'm following this forum for some time and I've some suggestions/questions to make (large):

-Vietnam Campaign

1. After 5 days in the campaign, they're still not moving; advancing. (Haven't Snake forgotten to place the bridges in the terrain?
I've looked in the map in infrastructures, and can't find any bridge!)

2. I haven't find "Khe Sanh" army base. (Wasn't it in Laos to look at Ho chi Minh trail traffic?)

3. Airbases in Thailand don't launch airplanes! (Udon, S.N., Ubon and Korat have American Sqs there...)

4. There's a MIG-29 sq.?!? (4th FS ) placed at Nam Lang air base...

5. Can A/C-130 "Spectre" be added to vietnam campaign in the next release? (The lod is already there and it can be easily added wit Tacedit)

6. Watt about a campaign wit all North and South Vietnam. A major conflict. An AMD 1.4 Ghz can handle it, I think...

-LodEdit

1. I've worked in some models in 3Ds MAX 3.0 (thank's to CCC). How can i add them to Falcon4? Is it possible?

2. I'm following the posts for some time. The new lods are changes to existing ones. Will we need to lose some airplanes to have new ones? (Wasn't the purpose to develop new models, to add to existing lod file?)

3. I've added new lods by F4 patch. They do appear in Lodedit but not in Falcon4. How can i make them to work? (The new F/A-18 E is an example. Installed right. He appears in Lodedit, but, when I launch Falcon4 i don't find it in Dog, Te or Campaign?!?)

4. I've seen USAF's skins and the Vietnam map of that sim. The sim is horrible but the graphics are the best I've seen so far...Can't we add skins wit "more resolution" to Falcon4 to have gorgeous graphics too?

*** Last one; where can I find a free site in the web wit aeronautical chats? I've a new A1 plotter and i want to have a chart of Vietnam for navigation.

- Thank you in advance

Sorry for the big post and excuse me for my bad English...

Filipe Ferreira

[This message has been edited by Xanix (edited July 05, 2001).]

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: To Snake Man and all!

Post by ccc » 2001-07-05 00:00:00

Hi Xanix,

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Xanix:
Vietnam Campaign...

AFAIK, vnam campaign is a test sample, not complete yet.

-LodEdit
1. I've worked in some models in 3Ds MAX 3.0 (thank's to CCC). How can i add them to Falcon4? Is it possible?

At present, no direct converter for 3ds-to-lod yet.

2. I'm following the posts for some time. The new lods are changes to existing ones. Will we need to lose some airplanes to have new ones? (Wasn't the purpose to develop new models, to add to existing lod file?)
yes, you can add new items.
check F4LE for tutorial.

3. I've added new lods by F4 patch. They do appear in Lodedit but not in Falcon4. How can i make them to work? (The new F/A-18 E is an example. Installed right. He appears in Lodedit, but, when I launch Falcon4 i don't find it in Dog, Te or Campaign?!?)
To make new toys appear in the sim, you need add some related files. see tutorial.
If you just want to have a look in f4, select a flyable a/c, like F15, replace its NORMAL number with your new toy's Normal number. than the whole LODs will be replaced by your new toys and shown as F15.

4. I've seen USAF's skins and the Vietnam map of that sim. The sim is horrible but the graphics are the best I've seen so far...Can't we add skins wit "more resolution" to Falcon4 to have gorgeous graphics too?
if you can remap original a/c with J/USAF's skins, you can got an fairly good-looking camo visual.